Hiding threads.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Hiding threads.

Post by RickyBobby »

Is there any way to hide certain threads? Some threads are always at the top (Brexit) that I personally have no opinion or interest in. Would be cool to click the ones off that I don't want to sort through.

I did search the title and couldn't find anything, although perhaps this discussion does exist elsewhere. If so, I apologize.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Hiding threads.

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Would love to hide all the thailand threads too. Time to bury them in the 'Rest of the world'?
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

This would be a good feature.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

RickyBobby wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:03 am Is there any way to hide certain threads? Some threads are always at the top (Brexit) that I personally have no opinion or interest in. Would be cool to click the ones off that I don't want to sort through.

I did search the title and couldn't find anything, although perhaps this discussion does exist elsewhere. If so, I apologize.
Perhaps time to start your own forum where the only topic allowed is RickyBobby.

You do realise the reason threads such as Brexit are at the top because more people are interested in it and post comments?

And FYI, there is only 1 Brexit thread in the first 50 in General.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

TOG wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:14 am
RickyBobby wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:03 am Is there any way to hide certain threads? Some threads are always at the top (Brexit) that I personally have no opinion or interest in. Would be cool to click the ones off that I don't want to sort through.

Perhaps time to start your own forum where the only topic allowed is RickyBobby.

You do realise the reason threads such as Brexit are at the top because more people are interested in it and post comments?

And FYI, there is only 1 Brexit thread in the first 50 in General.
I am really gonna hate saying this but for once - I agree with TOG, but only because we are not in the brexit group at this time!
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

TOG wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:14 am
RickyBobby wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:03 amIs there any way to hide certain threads? Some threads are always at the top (Brexit) that I personally have no opinion or interest in. Would be cool to click the ones off that I don't want to sort through. I did search the title and couldn't find anything, although perhaps this discussion does exist elsewhere. If so, I apologize.
Perhaps time to start your own forum where the only topic allowed is RickyBobby. You do realise the reason threads such as Brexit are at the top because more people are interested in it and post comments? And FYI, there is only 1 Brexit thread in the first 50 in General.
What would you be going on about if I had left the example (Brexit) out of my OP? Its not a big deal my friend, just a Q. Try not to lose any sleep over it.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i find it ZERO problem to just glaze over and skip any topics i am not interested in, takes all of what .01 second?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:58 am Would love to hide all the thailand threads too. Time to bury them in the 'Rest of the world'?
I suggest there should be a "Other Country Dictatorship News" (it all gets a bit "same-same") and "Rest of the World" forums, clearly you can put Thailand in the former.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

RickyBobby wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:03 am What would you be going on about if I had left the example (Brexit) out of my OP? Its not a big deal my friend, just a Q. Try not to lose any sleep over it.
None of us are going on about anything. You used Brexit as the example but it would have been the same answer for any other topic.

As PR say's, just glaze over it, it's what the rest of us do.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

The stupid topless Swedish broad thread would be one I'd want to hide too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic