Would you still go to thailand?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
User avatar
side
Expatriate
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:34 pm
Reputation: 66
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Would you still go to thailand?

Post by side » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:33 am

Pisshead wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:38 am
......Also Every dude i meet who let thailand play a major roll in his life is somehow either mentally fucked up , Suffers from substance abuse or was ripped off bigtime by his Thai missus.
You're hanging out in the wrong places. No surprise there.
Pisshead wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:38 am
Not one was successful long term in that country .
I am, so are my friends. Long term too. Again, you hang around the wrong people. No surprise there.
Pisshead wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:38 am
Thailand ruins people.
It doesn't. Poor life choices, lack of ambition, inability to adapt, lack of respect and stupidity ruins people. A country doesn't.
Me, not that other crap.
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 8175
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 3980
Yemen

Re: Would you still go to thailand?

Post by John Bingham » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:36 am

Trapper wrote:Feminists are destroying the world, Australia is shit, women are feminists because they won't all fall at my feet, I lived in Cambodia for a long time (went on holidays there a few times), all foreigners in Cambodia drink 50 cent beers all the time, Cambodia is shit, Thailand is shit.
Get banned, sign up under a new name and say all the same things again etc.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Queef
Expatriate
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:31 pm
Reputation: 295
New Caledonia

Re: Would you still go to thailand?

Post by Queef » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:41 am

newkidontheblock wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:57 am
Queef wrote:I like my Cambodian gf, but I could never take her back home. My family would never accept her and my friends would roast her after two seconds.
I feel deep pity for your Khmer missus. She must suffer deeply everyday putting up with you looking down on her, her people, and her life everyday.

Your family and friends will accept whoever you tell them. The fact that you don’t have the fortitude to stand up for her, well, that’s how little you value her. She can always be improved if you care enough.

Please advise your missus to leave you ASAP and find a more worthy expat. Her life has too much value to waste on you.

And please go live somewhere where you will be happy. You can always find a job once you get there.
Don’t make your life miserable and everyone around you as well.

Sorry.

My 2 cents.
Thank you for your 2 cents. No need to be sorry.

I'm not looking down on anyone. I'm just stating the facts. Some people can take it, others can't.

She has a better job than most expats here, makes more money than the best English teachers in PP, and gets to travel quite a bit. She's not your average Khmer women. She really doesn't need a man in her life unlike most Khmer women (especially the ones shacking up with old and ugly foreign dudes). Looking down on her and her everyday life is practically impossible.

You're right though. She does suffer. She doesn't understand why I'm not investing myself in that relationship. She doesn't understand why I'm not talking about marriage and kids. She doesn't understand why I don't go to her family's place as much as I used to (haven't been there in months). She thinks that I'm out there hunting and keeping her as a backup plan. It's not the case and I'm working on making her feel more comfortable.

My family will not accept her. You have no idea. My friends will always see her as an uneducated and poorly mannered former bar girl (even she isn't). That being said, we are going home for a month before the end of the year. We are not staying at my family's place, but she will get to meet them.

I already told her to look for an old wrinkly expat, but she's not down with the limp biscuit. She really likes me. Go figure.

I'm gonna stay here until the time is right. It's called a sacrifice. It will pay off in the end. It better pay off in the end.

I can tell you wrote this using your heart instead of your brain. It's ok. At least you have a heart, unlike some people (not taking shots at anyone on this thread).
User avatar
IraHayes
Expatriate
Posts: 1389
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 7:38 am
Reputation: 699
Marshall Islands

Re: Would you still go to thailand?

Post by IraHayes » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:51 am

Popping over to Bangkok for a weekend break and maybe a bit of shopping next weekend. As bad as ppl make it out to be i am sure it will be a nice change from PP.
Queef
Expatriate
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:31 pm
Reputation: 295
New Caledonia

Re: Would you still go to thailand?

Post by Queef » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:56 am

atst wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:14 pm
There not looking to slit your throat they want you to get out of you fucking cars causing all the traffic jams and get on a Moto so they can get around
Why do you need to ride round in your big cars causing all the traffic jams
Hey you'll living in Cambodia with a job i presume it's paid in western rates so enjoy yourself get off your high horse put your feet on the ground and maybe you'll feel more accepted
:lol: :lol: You sound like my aunty after two/ three glasses of Cognac.

Fuck riding a moped (or any type of motorcycles) in PP. If anything, both car and motorcycle drivers cause the damn traffic jams. Not my fault if motorists in Cambodia can't respect basic traffic rules and use common sense!

I need to drive around in my "big car" because I have to wear a suit all day and meet with important people (important to my company at least). Showing up to a meeting on a Honda Dream all sweaty and shit, nope. You know how it goes in Cambodia (and pretty much everywhere else), you've been here 5 years. Appearance is key.

My job does pay well. I don't need to be accepted by the local population. It will never happen anyways. As long as my boss, coworkers, and gf accept me, i'm good. I don't give two fucks about Phanha and Piseth
Queef
Expatriate
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:31 pm
Reputation: 295
New Caledonia

Re: Would you still go to thailand?

Post by Queef » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:58 am

IraHayes wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:51 am
Popping over to Bangkok for a weekend break and maybe a bit of shopping next weekend. As bad as ppl make it out to be i am sure it will be a nice change from PP.
Agreed. Went to bkk last week for the first time, and going back on the 3rd. It feels good to be in a city with public transportation and fun activities. Nice change from PP
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 11647
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 2942
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: Would you still go to thailand?

Post by phuketrichard » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:05 am

My family will not accept her. You have no idea. My friends will always see her as an uneducated and poorly mannered former bar girl (even she isn't). That being said, we are going home for a month before the end of the year. We are not staying at my family's place, but she will get to meet them.
sounds like ur family an friends are very stuck up, (or living under the media's sound bites that all Asian women are previous or current whores). I'd question why ur family would not accept someone you truly loved into their home<<<
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Pisshead
Expatriate
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:14 am
Reputation: 18
Australia

Re: Would you still go to thailand?

Post by Pisshead » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:03 am

side wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:33 am
Pisshead wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:38 am
......Also Every dude i meet who let thailand play a major roll in his life is somehow either mentally fucked up , Suffers from substance abuse or was ripped off bigtime by his Thai missus.
You're hanging out in the wrong places. No surprise there.
Pisshead wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:38 am
Not one was successful long term in that country .
I am, so are my friends. Long term too. Again, you hang around the wrong people. No surprise there.
Pisshead wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:38 am
Thailand ruins people.
It doesn't. Poor life choices, lack of ambition, inability to adapt, lack of respect and stupidity ruins people. A country doesn't.
Nope.

I met an aspiring french psychologist in Osaka , Japan who explained Now they are studying into how environment affects peoples mental health more than anything.
Pisshead
Expatriate
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:14 am
Reputation: 18
Australia

Re: Would you still go to thailand?

Post by Pisshead » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:34 am

John Bingham wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:36 am
Trapper wrote:Feminists are destroying the world, Australia is shit, women are feminists because they won't all fall at my feet, I lived in Cambodia for a long time (went on holidays there a few times), all foreigners in Cambodia drink 50 cent beers all the time, Cambodia is shit, Thailand is shit.
Get banned, sign up under a new name and say all the same things again etc.
Bout half of that was correct.
Queef
Expatriate
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:31 pm
Reputation: 295
New Caledonia

Re: Would you still go to thailand?

Post by Queef » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:19 pm

phuketrichard wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:05 am
My family will not accept her. You have no idea. My friends will always see her as an uneducated and poorly mannered former bar girl (even she isn't). That being said, we are going home for a month before the end of the year. We are not staying at my family's place, but she will get to meet them.
sounds like ur family an friends are very stuck up, (or living under the media's sound bites that all Asian women are previous or current whores). I'd question why ur family would not accept someone you truly loved into their home<<<
Too much TV, not enough mind-opening experiences. Living in the same place for too long would do it.

I won't get into too many details, but I fucked up big time over the past ten years. They just want me to have a normal, stable life at this point (college educated western wife, kids, 9-5 gig, mortgage, 401k and all that nasty stuff).
My friends are just bros.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 77 guests