Thailand proposes more get tough messure

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Thailand proposes more get tough messure

Post by phuketrichard »

Bog brother wants to know where you are, The problem i see is any quality criminal will know ways around everything, so you only catch the idiots.
TNA reported that Thai Immigration are proposing much stiffer penalties for failing to report foreigners staying at addresses in Thailand.
The penalties will be even stiffer for hotels and other establishments who harbor migrants for financial gain or profit with jail terms of up to 5 years and fines of 100,000 baht for failing to report. 
This seems to relate to not reporting the presence of workers.
and this one will effect lots of backpackers, 3rd class tourists or those using thailand to head to Cambodia,Laos,Burma
In addition stiffer penalties are promised for airlines and individuals who permit individuals to board planes and enter Thailand without onward tickets
Bus,train tickets are NOT accepted.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/109161 ... eRysBENi30
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Thailand proposes more get tough messure

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

A return air ticket Is evidence of onward travel and you’re supposed to have that anyway entering Thailand as a tourist so I don’t really see that as anything new. They may not currently ask for it but you are actually supposed to have it along with your 20k cash.

I always think it’s best to wait for Immigration “ proposals “ to materialise as actual approved policy before predicting the usual few months apocalypse that people seem to view Thai immigration as being hell bent on creating.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Yesterday I entered Thailand for the 19th time since I got my new passport in Feb 2017. Each and every time I get a visa exemption stamp for 4 weeks if I remember well. The enthusiastic border officer went through my passport several times, and then asked:

'You live in Cambodia?'

I replied I did.

Warned by all the alarming stories I had printed my hotel booking and flights this time (I always bring cash money), but wasn't asked to show any of those. Unlike the (Indian looking) guy in front of me, he had to produce all the paperwork on the spot.

I have the feeling the 'tightening' will be pretty selective.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:01 pm A return air ticket Is evidence of onward travel and you’re supposed to have that anyway entering Thailand as a tourist so I don’t really see that as anything new. They may not currently ask for it but you are actually supposed to have it along with your 20k cash.

I always think it’s best to wait for Immigration “ proposals “ to materialise as actual approved policy before predicting the usual few months apocalypse that people seem to view Thai immigration as being hell bent on creating.
there are tens of thousands of backpackers/travelers that enter Thailand on a one way tickets and 30 day visa free exempt as their plans dont call for returning to their home country from Thailand or they might wish to use land borders for travel in Asia, using Thailand as their hub, ( bus/train tickets doesn't satisfy onward travel to thai immigration).
This will defiantly affect more thna a few,

How many here have flown one way into Thailand cause the were traveling onwards to Cambodia?
LOL Note above post ... :beer3:

As to waiting, look how fast they acted on the new rules regarding retirement extensions and money needed to stay in the thai banks.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Pisshead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Pisshead »

That is an invasion of privacy.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:07 pm
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:01 pm A return air ticket Is evidence of onward travel and you’re supposed to have that anyway entering Thailand as a tourist so I don’t really see that as anything new. They may not currently ask for it but you are actually supposed to have it along with your 20k cash.

there are tens of thousands of backpackers/travelers that enter Thailand on a one way tickets and 30 day visa free exempt as their plans dont call for returning to their home country from Thailand or they might wish to use land borders for travel in Asia, using Thailand as their hub, ( bus/train tickets doesn't satisfy onward travel to thai immigration).
This will defiantly affect more thna a few,

How many here have flown one way into Thailand cause the were traveling onwards to Cambodia?
LOL Note above post ... :beer3:

As to waiting, look how fast they acted on the new rules regarding retirement extensions and money needed to stay in the thai banks.

:please:
Yes we all know that, the fact people have risked travelling in on a single ticket and got away with it is their choice and risk, but it doesn't take away from the fact it is currently and for some time beenthe case that Thai immigration can require you to show proof of onward/outward air travel, accomodation and the 20K cash when you come in the country, in 99 times out of a hundred they won't ask for it, but yes " LOL Note above post " there was exactly a case where they did. They would appear to be proposing to more actively enforce rules that have been around for ages.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I'm flying t Thailand heading to Pattaya this Sunday intend to travel to kampot from there by bus/ taxi after a week or two I'll let you know how I get on at airport
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

And definitely won't have 20K on me
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Pisshead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Pisshead »

atst wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:22 pm And definitely won't have 20K on me
Then what ya doing traveling abroad?

Are ya one of those Begpackers?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic