Bag Snatcher Beaten to Death by Phnom Penh Mob

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Bag Snatcher Beaten to Death by Phnom Penh Mob

Post by Kayve »

Wouldn't happen if the bag had a gun.

Do you think the thieves think about you when he snatch your bag and make you fall on the ground (from the motorbike or whatever) ? You could die too ... Let's no say he deserved it but almost ...
Don't forget the water buffalo
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

j57 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:57 am I think the Khmer lady should of pulled out her pistol and shot the fucking scumbag....
Since, conceal carry or open carry are not available in this part of the world.. I think a neighborhood militia is in order. I recall a very similar code of conduct in Argentina and they misnamed it as lynching even though they usually beat the guy to death..It was happening all over Argentina 4-5 years ago..The people were tired of corrupt police.
They would even burn a guy's house down who was tormenting the bario and bribing the local police.
So, to see this happening here is not a surprise.
the police never stop crimes...they show up after the crimes are committed and the victims are left with a justice system that is rigged or non existent.
If thieves begin to believe that a neighborhood watch is going to protect the residents..they will think twice and perhaps move to an area of sheeple who don't defend each other...
it is a shame a guy would be a thief and be driven to this lifestyle...
And if we we're in the states you feel this would be a justifiable shooting? A purse snatcher running away from you? I think you'd end up in the clink if shot.
Still here, in country...
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:beer3: Did she get her bag back,not only was she robbed,her shouts of THIEF resulted in a murder,poor girl :hattip:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

j57 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:57 am the police never stop crimes...they show up after the crimes are committed and the victims are left with a justice system that is rigged or non existent.
They stop loads of crimes, what are you talking about? And if they have to turn up after a crime is committed - well what do you expect, they aren't psychic. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
bestsmile
Tourist
Australia

Post by bestsmile »

boofhead wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:20 pm With due respect, you seem to be offering two conflicting arguments here. You say you're not sure if many would support capital punishment for petty theft. OK, where do you stand? In your offering this opinion I'm reading that you consider yourself one of this "many". You then proceed to curse a recently departed man of whom you presumably know nothing apart from what you've read above.

I'm not defending theft at all, just asking questions, trying to ascertain some sort of mood amongst my fellow expats. I'm a little suprised by the number of said expats who are seemingly members of the "Phnom Penh Mob". . . in a wider sense of course and behind the safety of their keyboards.
Snatching phones and backpacks are despicable acts. It may not deserve death but certainly community justice. Those beating him must also have been victims before hence their wrath; I am sure they dont mean to kill him but beating him has a fine line. One punch in the wrong place can cause death. I am sure many victims share the same anger at these career criminals. More people should standup against such crimes to prevent its continuance causing grief to many. The Police in Cambodia must have been so effective and righteous (not corrupt) for people in society to take such actions. I basically have no sympathy for this criminal.
bestsmile
Tourist
Australia

Post by bestsmile »

boofhead wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:07 pm
Big'n wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:56 pm
Artisan wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:53 pm
Big'n wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:16 pm Bet that will teach him a lesson!

:popcorn:
By him being dead?
:hattip:
Exactly
I take this to mean you endorse the death penalty for petty theft?
One punch in the wrong place can cause death. Never heard of DIM MUCK?
Social justice is required. The fine line of death is just unfortunate but the beating is necessary especially if many have been victims. The poor fisherman who worked hard to provide for his family deserves help from these unscrupulous criminals on motor bikes. How many victims have to suffer before they are caught? Although he does not deserve death but certainly a beating is long waiting.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic