"When Children Protest, Adults Should Tell them the Truth." Greta Thunberg - Climate Change Child Activist.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: "When Children Protest, Adults Should Tell them the Truth." Greta Thunberg - Climate Change Child Activist.

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

This is funny.

:hattip:

'long time since i have laughed so much before my second cup of coffee

Hmmm....What can i add???
how about...

"The OP turned out to be a convicted pedophile so that says it all"

see. 'Proves it!!
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: "When Children Protest, Adults Should Tell them the Truth." Greta Thunberg - Climate Change Child Activist.

Post by newkidontheblock »

Greta Thunberg has formally come out in support of Joe Biden.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re:

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:56 am Greta Thunberg has formally come out in support of Joe Biden.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Last edited by DaveG on Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re:

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:56 am Greta Thunberg has formally come out in support of Joe Biden.
Jeeze, you mean a 16 year old school girl dont wanna vote for a man who is an out and proud sexual assaulting self confessed snatch grabbing sleaze bag?

You mean a bright intelligent young woman looks at a compulsively lying science-denying fake billionaire and goes - "anybody but!"?

You mean she won't vote for the grub who has mocked a kid who speaks for her generation so cruelly, so nastily?

Maybe she thinks character is important in the President of the USA.?
Maybe she is like most of the rest of the civilised world and just can not figure out why his character does not matter to the 49% of american voters who made him the Pres.
Seriously, this is the thing that bewilders the world the most - and appalls.

Go vote Americans - your character is on the line .
mehfisto
BANNED
Australia

Re: Re:

Post by mehfisto »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:42 amMaybe she thinks character is important in the President of the USA.?
That makes her unique. :wink:
mehfisto
BANNED
Australia

Post by mehfisto »

pauloxleyisland wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:57 pm Is climate change real, 100% it is. It’s been changing continually since the beginning of time. Can we change the course climate change is taking, 100% not.
Let's do a chemistry experiment.

You have a process going, a chemical reaction, and you add 20 or 30 random (often poisonous) chemicals and compounds, gasses, whatever. It won't make any difference to the process?

Potas­si­um chlo­rate is of­ten used for mak­ing fire­works, as this sub­stance is very ex­plo­sive. In it­self, Berthol­let’s salt is not dan­ger­ous, but if you mix it with or­gan­ic mat­ter, you can make an ex­plo­sive sub­stance.

If you add even one element, the process changes and is affected, sometimes resulting in a violent reaction.

Why is it so hard to understand that something we can all see in a lab happens on a larger scale, too?

So what happens if we reduce or completely stop adding the element or matter in question?

Rocket science? No.

In fact, recognising that climate has been changing since the beginning of time validates the fact that whatever changes in the process results in change. Simply stop or reduce man's contribution and you can slow change down. That's change, in anybody's book.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Re: Re:

Post by Felgerkarb »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:42 am
Jeeze, you mean a 16 year old school girl dont wanna vote for a man who is an out and proud sexual assaulting self confessed snatch grabbing sleaze bag?

You mean a bright intelligent young woman looks at a compulsively lying science-denying fake billionaire and goes - "anybody but!"?

You mean she won't vote for the grub who has mocked a kid who speaks for her generation so cruelly, so nastily?

Maybe she thinks character is important in the President of the USA.?
Maybe she is like most of the rest of the civilised world and just can not figure out why his character does not matter to the 49% of american voters who made him the Pres.
Seriously, this is the thing that bewilders the world the most - and appalls.

Go vote Americans - your character is on the line .
Since she isn't American, her opinion is not particularly solicited or valid. And if character is the qualifier for president, I don't see anyone running with any.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

I express my opinion that the coronavirus response has been overblown, and people condescendingly ask me, “are you a virologist?”, yet here we have world leaders consulting a 17 year old autistic girl on climate change policy.

I’m sure she means well, but she’s the definition of a useful idiot.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

With the difficulty of worldwide travel and large gatherings is her diary looking a bit empty? The lack of attention must be killing her.

I must remember to ask the next random Thai teenager I pass in the street who they are not voting for, Biden or Trump.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic