"When Children Protest, Adults Should Tell them the Truth." Greta Thunberg - Climate Change Child Activist.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Johno35
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: "When Children Protest, Adults Should Tell them the Truth." Greta Thunberg - Climate Change Child Activist.

Post by Johno35 »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/electrek.c ... vador/amp/

“If we strive to eliminate racism and classism, as well as pollution and environmental degradation, then we are doing what we can to make sure communities are sustainable and livable. It takes a lot of work; it’s not a sprint. But it’s achievable if we view it as important.”

“ Environmental racism is a crucial part of the climate crisis conversation. The environment itself is not racist. Phew. But environmental resources, such as the air we breathe and the water we drink, are governed by a corrupt, racialized system.”

“Though research has shown that it is primarily white Americans consuming the goods and services linked to the creation of fine particulate matter—the deadliest form of air pollution—that pollution is disproportionately inhaled by Black Americans.“
Johno35
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: "When Children Protest, Adults Should Tell them the Truth." Greta Thunberg - Climate Change Child Activist.

Post by Johno35 »

The world is horrible. Inequality, corruption, racism, classism. All, because of Capitalism! A new world is possible!

“So, just pragmatically, we need to address inequality if we're going to make progress on climate change.”

“What is capitalism?

One of humanity’s greatest inventions, and the greatest source of prosperity the world has ever seen?

A menace on the verge of destroying the planet and destabilizing society?

Or some combination that needs to be reimagined?”

https://www.publicaffairsbooks.com/titl ... hbs.edu%2F
pauloxleyisland
Expatriate
Australia

Post by pauloxleyisland »

Johno35 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:18 am The world is horrible. Inequality, corruption, racism, classism. All, because of Capitalism! A new world is possible!

“So, just pragmatically, we need to address inequality if we're going to make progress on climate change.”

“What is capitalism?

One of humanity’s greatest inventions, and the greatest source of prosperity the world has ever seen?

What an absolute load of crap, maybe you need a psychiatrist to help you with your depression. I for one love this life, I love the idea capitalism has allowed me
, through lots of hard work, that I still do, to have 2 places that I call home. 1 in Australia and 1 in Cambodia . Is climate change real, 100% it is. It’s been changing continually since the beginning of time. Can we change the course climate change is taking, 100% not. So please stop with the scaremongering, people here have been on this planet for 60,70 and some 80 years. I went to school in western Sydney in the 60s and 70s, the temperatures regularly were in the mid 40s in summer. And gotta say after 60 odd years fishing the same spots I’ll be fucked if I can see any difference In the water Height. So ffs, give us a break. Life’s great, and the world is doing ok to. Maybe take your foil hat of, have some more drugs and try to enjoy your life a bit more
I know the big words make your cock feel bigger, but I’m just an old truck driver keep it simple aye! 8)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

pauloxleyisland wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:57 pm
Johno35 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:18 am The world is horrible. Inequality, corruption, racism, classism. All, because of Capitalism! A new world is possible!

“What is capitalism?

What an absolute load of crap, maybe you need a psychiatrist to help you with your depression. I for one love this life, I love the idea capitalism has allowed me
, through lots of hard work, that I still do, to have 2 places that I call home. 1 in Australia and 1 in Cambodia . Is climate change real, 100% it is. It’s been changing continually since the beginning of time. Can we change the course climate change is taking, 100% not. So please stop with the scaremongering, people here have been on this planet for 60,70 and some 80 years. I went to school in western Sydney in the 60s and 70s, the temperatures regularly were in the mid 40s in summer. And gotta say after 60 odd years fishing the same spots I’ll be fucked if I can see any difference In the water Height. So ffs, give us a break. Life’s great, and the world is doing ok to. Maybe take your foil hat of, have some more drugs and try to enjoy your life a bit more

wow,sad you feel this way so keep on using up everything and fuck it for the next few generations

we can change things and to think otherwise is sad.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

pauloxleyisland wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:57 pm So please stop with the scaremongering, people here have been on this planet for 60,70 and some 80 years. I went to school in western Sydney in the 60s and 70s, the temperatures regularly were in the mid 40s in summer. And gotta say after 60 odd years fishing the same spots I’ll be fucked if I can see any difference In the water Height. So ffs, give us a break. Life’s great, and the world is doing ok to. Maybe take your foil hat of, have some more drugs and try to enjoy your life a bit more
I guess that proves it then. You should do a speaking tour, you tell them! :lol:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
pauloxleyisland
Expatriate
Australia

No good feeling sad for me Richard, here’s your opportunity, tell us all what changes you would make (other then the changes in direction the world is already making) and make sure you explain how in your theory climate change can be reversed.
I know the big words make your cock feel bigger, but I’m just an old truck driver keep it simple aye! 8)
pauloxleyisland
Expatriate
Australia

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:51 pm
pauloxleyisland wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:57 pm

wow,sad you feel this way so keep on using up everything and fuck it for the next few generations

we can change things and to think otherwise is sad.
Your post says more about you Richard then about me 😉
Did I say let’s keep using everything up?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Whatever you think about child protesters, no one can deny that the planet is a pigsty because of human negligence. Look at the state of the waterways, rivers, lakes, and oceans.
It's disgraceful that entire areas of populations now have problems to source clean water and even clean air to breathe. We have been shitting in our own backyard. :o
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

So old farts are still getting their tits caught in the wringer over the words of this snip of an autisitic girl.
Hilarious,
Troll level- Jedi Master,
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

nemo wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:46 pm So old farts are still getting their tits caught in the wringer over the words of this snip of an autisitic girl.
Hilarious,
Troll level- Jedi Master,
I'm not sure she has even been mentioned in a few pages. I've never actually listened to her speeches, she just seems annoying and pedantic.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic