New Honda Dream for $2,380

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Re: New Honda Dream for $2,380

Post by davegorman »

Paulo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:30 pm Suzuki

Yamaha

Kawasaki

Maybe it's best they don't know.
So?
Any biker would know any dick can go fast in a straight line.
The essence of biking is the cornering.

Biking now is just fashionable.
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

davegorman wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:11 pm Any biker would know any dick can go fast in a straight line.

Lol, if you think going fast in a straight line on a bike doesn't take skill, try it sometime.

Actually no don't, you'll die.
Paulo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Paulo »

davegorman wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:11 pm
Paulo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:30 pm
So?

Fashionable maybe but not many dicks have the balls to go 200 kph+
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Paulo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:12 pm
davegorman wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:11 pm
Paulo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:30 pm
So?

Fashionable maybe but not many dicks have the balls to go 200 kph+
Seriously? 200kph is 125mph. A 600 sportsbike could do that within 20 seconds. Even in Cambodia.

I’ve regularly hit 170mph on 1000cc and 900cc bikes in EU and AU. Scared yes but zero skill involved. Just some balls and faith in your maintenance levels.

Watch IOM TT. That’s skill and bravery.
These doucheys with $10k bikes and $2k leathers are just posers.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I don't particularly like them but they are very solid and hold their value. A lot of the bikes they are being compared to are made in countries like Vietnam, Thailand and China that have aren't seen for quality like Japan has. I'm always amazed how much loving care I've seen many Dream owners put into their bikes, they wash them lovingly every evening. Top bike for being targeted and stolen too.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

I find the Honda Dream is a really great bike; well designed, and really reliable. It also holds its value really well in Cambodia because of its popularity. It is so easy to fix, most especially because of parts availability and familiarity. Best of all, it is actually attractive design. I love it.

For anyone that wants a bike, just buy a new one, it really doesn't depreciate much, if you keep it for 2-3 years.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
UTDTID
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by UTDTID »

I've had a couple of Honda dreams, I think it's a good bike, never let me down, I payed 1100$ for the one I got now the bikes tip top, the farther in law just bought a wave brand new 2019 he says he payed 800$, he says he can't have a registration plate that's why it's cheap this is down in sinhoukville, I think our Dorris gave him a grand more than she said, since I told her only give him a grand cos All He does is sell them and buy a cheaper one and pocket the difference, I bought him a brand new dream 5years back within 2 years he was riding a 200$ moped.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

In 2010 a new Honda Dream would cost you just under 1.500 USD. Now you pay 2.380 for the same.

Inflation is through the roof if you use the 'Dream index'.

I like the Dream too, but I will never buy one. The Wave with the disc brake gives you a similar engine and because it's nearly 50% cheaper it'll give you more bang for your bucks, and spare are available everywhere as well. Yamaha Spark is a good competitor as well, although spares can be more difficult to obtain.

Anyone able to squeeze 50 km out of a liter of gas on a Dream either:
- exaggerates
- weighs under 10 kg
- did the run on a special track with a prepared motorbike in the most economic mode. In reality 1-30 is more realistic I think.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:21 am In 2010 a new Honda Dream would cost you just under 1.500 USD. Now you pay 2.380 for the same.

I like the Dream too, but I will never buy one. The Wave with the disc brake gives you a similar engine and because it's nearly 50% cheaper it'll give you more bang for your bucks, and spare are available everywhere as well. Yamaha Spark is a good competitor as well, although spares can be more difficult to obtain.

- exaggerates
- weighs under 10 kg
- did the run on a special track with a prepared motorbike in the most economic mode. In reality 1-30 is more realistic I think.
Can the wave carry a 200 lb Barang and his lady up Phnom Kulen? I never once considered the gas, that's pretty flint.

Cost is relative to resale though. So, ours is now close to 5 years old. I think we could easily sell it fast for $1200. That means it cost us less than $160 a year. $3.07 a week. I had a shiny reliable ride that makes me feel safe all the while.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

RickyBobby wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:55 am
Kammekor wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:21 am In 2010 a new Honda Dream would cost you just under 1.500 USD. Now you pay 2.380 for the same.

- exaggerates
- weighs under 10 kg
Can the wave carry a 200 lb Barang and his lady up Phnom Kulen? I never once considered the gas, that's pretty flint.

Cost is relative to resale though. So, ours is now close to 5 years old. I think we could easily sell it fast for $1200. That means it cost us less than $160 a year. $3.07 a week. I had a shiny reliable ride that makes me feel safe all the while.
The Wave 110 has a 5,57 KW engine, so it will make it to the top. And the resale value is pretty high as well, not as good as the Dream though, but still good. And it's 1.100 USD cheaper and comes with a disc brake (which I prefer over drum).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic