"Science does not kill God"

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re:

Post by cautious colin »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:35 am
Bubble T wrote:10 healthy kids per family starting out with brothers and sisters fucking each other? And how about the rest of what I wrote?

Many of you seem to have a poor understanding of what atheism is.
Apparently God introduced genetic diversity so that it was possible. Later on when there were enough people, he took it away.

Atheism is a belief, just like religion is a inner belief for each person.

God cannot be proven or disproven through the scientific method, nor can atheism.
Atheism cannot be proven of disproven because it is just a point of view.

Why don't people understand what atheism is. It isn't a belief in any particular thing, it is just not believing in something. Exactly the same as not believing in leprechauns/ elves/unicorns or father christmas, for some reason these don't have such a word attached to them.
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: "Science does not kill God"

Post by JerryCan »

It's not exactly like not believing in Leprechauns, unicorns, etc...no one is willing to commit their lives to a leprechaun, elf or Satan Claus. Too many people hide behind the label of "it's just not believing in something" to hide their feelings of anti-theism or anti-religion. If you're (not saying you the poster, just in general) are anti religious, meaning opposed or have negative feelings towards the religious, then just say so.

-(an anti-religious person)
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

newkidontheblock Quote: "Apparently God introduced genetic diversity so that it was possible. Later on when there were enough people, he took it away."

I have my doubt on that, because according the Bible, God created only Adam and Eve and they got 2 sons. Where the sons could find a wife?
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

The Bible doesn't say Adam and Eve ONLY had two sons.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

JerryCan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:15 pm The Bible doesn't say Adam and Eve ONLY had two sons.
Where can I read in the Bible that they had more children?

i
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

Sidewalker wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:25 pm
JerryCan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:15 pm The Bible doesn't say Adam and Eve ONLY had two sons.
Genesis 4 and 5 for a start.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

JerryCan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:32 pm
Sidewalker wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:25 pm
Genesis 4 and 5 for a start.
Ok, but than is the question where the children of Adam and Eve could find there husbands and wife's, still unanswered,
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

I would say most logically incest.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

JerryCan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:43 pm It's not exactly like not believing in Leprechauns, unicorns, etc...no one is willing to commit their lives to a leprechaun, elf or Satan Claus. Too many people hide behind the label of "it's just not believing in something" to hide their feelings of anti-theism or anti-religion. If you're (not saying you the poster, just in general) are anti religious, meaning opposed or have negative feelings towards the religious, then just say so.

-(an anti-religious person)
Atheism & Anti-theism are two different things.

you can be an anti-theistic theist (you think religion & belief in a god is bad for society but you happen to believe) or an pro-theistic atheist (you don't believe in a god but think religion is good for society)

I agree that many people hide their feelings towards religion which is why the word atheism is so stigmatised, but in it's truest form it is just a lack of belief.

I personally am an anti-theistic atheist. Also, as someone brought up without any religion from birth I do equate not believing in a god to not believing in elves & father christmas as it makes absolutely no sense to me.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic