"Science does not kill God"

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: "Science does not kill God"

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:26 am According to Islam Noah saved 2 of each animal AND all the muslims,ie he left the unbelievers to drown, of course there were no muslims in those days but thats religion, irrational.

Charlie
Noah's Ark is the same story in all 3 Abrahamic religions. The abrahimc faiths claim to be religions from the same God, the one and only etc., that means Islam totally recognizes Christ, Moses etc as messengers of God. However, god made updates and send new messengers. Actually, Islam legitimizes itself through Judaism and Christianity but claims to be the up to date religion which everyone should follow.
There is no mentioning of moslems in this time, Islam is the last religion. I see Islam as a copy of the previous Abrahamic religions with a touch of Buddhism (see prayers). its almost yoga if you look at the Muslims praying.
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Its not the same, i was told at school that Noahs ark was for Noah and his family along with 2 of each animals, no mention of muslims. Islam says that the animals AND the muslims were on board. its all a fairy tale anyway so its pointless to argue the point.

Charlie
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

Dude my family background is full of moslems including scholars. Right there is no need of arguing because there was no Islam when noah was fucking around and no intelligent Muslim will tell you otherwise.

tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

According to muslims Islam has been around since time began, before the christians, before the jews, before muhhamed, it was here from the beginning, they say we are all muslims but we have fallen for the fake religions of judasim and christianity, but surely you know that as your family are full of imams and clerics :please:
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

The Qur'an states that "Allah created the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them, in six days" (7:54). While on the surface this might seem similar to the account related in the Bible, there are some important distinctions.

The verses that mention "six days" use the Arabic word "youm" (day). This word appears several other times in the Qur'an, each denoting a different measurement of time. In one case, the measure of a day is equated with 50,000 years (70:4), whereas another verse states that "a day in the sight of your Lord is like 1,000 years of your reckoning" (22:47). The word "youm" is thus understood, within the Qur'an, to be a long period of time -- an era or eon. Therefore, Muslims interpret the description of a "six day" creation as six distinct periods or eons. The length of these periods is not precisely defined, nor are the specific developments that took place during each period.

After completing the Creation, the Qur'an describes that Allah "settled Himself upon the Throne" (57:4) to oversee His work. A distinct point is made to counter the Biblical idea of a day of rest: "We created the heavens and the earth and all that is between them in six days, nor did any sense of weariness touch Us" (50:38).

Allah is never "done" with His work, because the process of creation is ongoing. Each new child who is born, every seed that sprouts into a sapling, every new species that appears on earth, is part of the ongoing process of Allah's creation. "He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six days, then established Himself on the Throne. He knows what enters within the heart of the earth, and what comes forth out of it, what comes down from heaven, and what mounts up to it. And He is with you wherever you may be. And Allah sees well all that you do" (57:4).

The Qur'anic account of creation is in line with modern scientific thought about the development of the universe and life on earth. Muslims acknowledge that life developed over a long period of time, but see Allah's power behind it all. Descriptions of creation in the Qur'an are set in context to remind the readers of Allah's majesty and wisdom. "What is the matter with you, that you are not conscious of Allah's majesty, seeing that it is He Who has created you in diverse stages? See you not how Allah has created the seven heavens one above another, and made the moon a light in their midst, and made the sun as a (glorious) lamp? And Allah has produced you from the earth, growing (gradually)" (71:13-17).
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Religions disprove themselves by the absurdity of the teachings/gospels/etc...

That does not prove or disprove of the existence of a god. If there is one, I am banking on it not being so petty to care about me kneeling in prayer or picking a specific statue to pray to. Or that I eat pork instead of chicken, or that I listen to a paedo blabbering about at mass every Sunday. I expect a god wouldn't be so pathetic to be concerned with that nonsense.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Science does not kill God
Perhaps not right now, but science reduces the gaps in which he is able to live continually.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:03 am Dude my family background is full of moslems including scholars. Right there is no need of arguing because there was no Islam when noah was fucking around and no intelligent Muslim will tell you otherwise.

God commanded Noah to build a ship, the Ark, and as he was building it, the chieftains passed him and mocked him. Upon its completion, the ship is said to be loaded with pairs of every animal available that time, and Noah's household,[14] and a group of believers who did submit to God. The people who denied the message of Noah, including one of his own sons, drowned.[15] The final resting place of the ship was referred to as "Al-Jūdiyy" (Arabic: الـجُـودِيّ‎)[16] or a "Munzalanm-Mubārakan" (Arabic: مُـنْـزَلًا مُّـبَـارَكًا‎, literally "Place-of-Landing Blessed").[17] Noah is called a grateful servant.[7] Both Noah and Abraham were taught the prophethood and the scripture.[18] God commanded Noah to take all species that he needed on the ship. The commentary by Prophetic descendants explains the verse to mean eight animals.
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

Hatiw, Allah is a synonym for God. I am too drunk to argue now maybe to.rrow

newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Bubble T wrote:10 healthy kids per family starting out with brothers and sisters fucking each other? And how about the rest of what I wrote?

Many of you seem to have a poor understanding of what atheism is.
Apparently God introduced genetic diversity so that it was possible. Later on when there were enough people, he took it away.

Atheism is a belief, just like religion is a inner belief for each person.

God cannot be proven or disproven through the scientific method, nor can atheism.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic