American Reporter for The Khmer Times Knocked Out with Gas & Robbed in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American Reporter for The Khmer Times Knocked Out with Gas & Robbed in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

explorer wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:31 am It is a sick society when a lot of these criminals pay off the police, and the police want to continue receiving money, not stop the crime. In some cases police may be directly involved.
Sure, because you know that happened. :roll:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Re: American Reporter for The Khmer Times Knocked Out with Gas & Robbed in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Captain »

You guys are hinting that this a phony story? To what purpose? Forget about cables or pipe bombs and look at the other CCTV photos. Those guys certainly look suspicious to me.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Captain wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:55 am You guys are hinting that this a phony story?
I'm not suggesting it's a "phony" story. I think Miss Cleo genuinely believes she was gassed.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:34 am
explorer wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:31 am It is a sick society when a lot of these criminals pay off the police, and the police want to continue receiving money, not stop the crime. In some cases police may be directly involved.
Sure, because you know that happened.
I dont know what happened in this particular situation. But I do know there are crimes where police and criminals work together, and police are criminals. In these situations, police dont want to stop crime, they just want to get money.

If a crime like this occurred in Australia, there would be a major investigation.

It is a sick society when these crimes are allowed to continue.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Captain wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:55 am You guys are hinting that this a phony story? To what purpose? Forget about cables or pipe bombs and look at the other CCTV photos. Those guys certainly look suspicious to me.
I'm not saying I think it's fake, but it's clearly a mysterious robbery. Using gas through air vents to gas occupants of a household until they pass out before going in and taking all their stuff is strange.

I also don't see how this is proven by a weird set of wires left behind by the thieves. I just wish this could all be logically explained.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Can you imagine how much gas you'd probably need to knock out some adults in a house that's completely open like that? Should be a couple of empty kegs sat outside the window
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Paulo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Paulo »

It would have been easier to put knock out drops in their water tank, but then don't forget the cat was knocked out too.
oopsfermi
Expatriate
Puerto Rico

Post by oopsfermi »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:09 pm So please double check your home security cameras etc bc LOCKS (despite Cambodian obsession with them) don’t keep them out. If this does happen to you expect to be asked how many locks you have bc some how those around you need to believe there lock system is superior compared to yours no doubt protects them. It can happen with 10 locks so stay safe and hopefully the pictures I have can catch these fuckers and it will happen to know one else.'
Or, you could just buy one lock and keep the key on your person or in a safe place.
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

There are gases that will kill you in microgram quantities, but now I'm beginning to see your point. Yes you would need more gas because these people were not killed and that gas was therefore benign. The story say how long they were supposedly knocked out? And of course that had to knock out the cat in the case it might be an attack cat
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It doesn't seem like anyone noticed my first post on this thread, she's the American wacko who set up a tarot-reading stall at Boeng Keng Kang Market years ago.
John Bingham wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:09 pm Her fortune-telling abilities seem to be waning:

The future.....
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/post-week ... une-teller

Where is she living anyway? That looks like a shanty town. Those houses are never secure.
And like I said, it looks like a deprived neighborhood.
None of those doors or even walls are that solid, you could kick your way through
I'm not buying this "gassed" story. Even the highly-trained Spetsnaz couldn't get that right.
And what's this "baby is fine he is not sleeping in the house at the moment he is with his khmer mom"? Is she the baby's other mom or what?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic