Bangkok

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Bangkok

Post by phuketrichard »

The Suk Straggler wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:30 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:28 am visit the Thermae Bar in sukumvit before soi 15
That's a freelancer hooker bar and he said . . . no girlie bars
it is not a girly bar
it is a bar where local expats meet to discuss high finance after 2 am and the growing trend of Japanese stealing all the available women
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

The view from the bar at the top of the Banyan Tree Hotel just off Lumpini Park is well worth a trip; opens around 6pm I think, you won’t be disappointed.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

I hope this helps - Top 20 Rooftop Bars in Bangkok

http://www.bangkok.com/top10-rooftop-bars.htm
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

yong wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:33 am I hope this helps - Top 20 Rooftop Bars in Bangkok

http://www.bangkok.com/top10-rooftop-bars.htm

No help to me at all.. Do you have a list of the bottom 20 underground dungeon bars in Bangkok, ,,,, yong, what is your favorite screw bar . ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

The Reflexions at Athenee Hotel
Icon Siam, bunch of restaurants there
Oskar, the same as on riverside
Don't forget the water buffalo
Citizen 1010
Tourist
Australia

Post by Citizen 1010 »

You don't need a work permit to attend meetings or conventions in Thailand. You "should" have a business visa, not a visa exempt entry. Your Khmer staff get visa exempt entry under the bilateral agreement between Asean member states, but their entry will be stamped "employment not permitted". They are allowed to stay for 15 days and are in the primary group for being asked to show a return ticket, accommodation booking, and Bt20,000 cash on arrival in order to gain entry. People using a large number of visa exempt entries are now being regularly denied entry at Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi, even with the onward ticket and cash.

The biggest thing you need to know is that the traffic is totally mad. Depending on the time of day and where you are tavelling from it could take you three hours to get to the airport. I was supposed to fly back yesterday and left the office at the normal time for an 8.20pm flight. 59 minutes later I was back at the office having travelled a total of 9.8km. I'll fly back next week now on the early morning flight. About the only time you can be guaranteed of not being caught in a jam is to head to the airport at 5am.

As far as bars, there's obviously more qualified respondents on here than me going by some of the replies, but there is quit a lot of new development in the On Nut/ Phrom Pong area and I may have seen a sign for a new rooftop bar at On Nut yesterday on the opposite side to the Tesco mall.
Ricky Shaw
Expatriate
Djibouti

Post by Ricky Shaw »

Bring air filter device for pollution for roof tops.
ozguyinshv
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ozguyinshv »

Queef wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:36 am I'm going to Bangkok for work next week for three days.

Any good rooftop bars/ Restaurants? regular bars (no girly bars)/ restaurants? Prices don't matter. Company pays for everything.

Anything I should know about Thailand? I've never been so I have absolutely no clue of what to expect.

Would you recommend learning the basics (hello, how are you, thank you, goodbye)? It helped me a lot in Myanmar. Just wondering if Thailand is the same way.

Thanks!
Above eleven at the top of the fraser suites in sukhumvit soi 11 is good for a sunset drink. Also Oskar on the same soi.
Bluelabel
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Bluelabel »

No drinking this weekend.

Elections.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Citizen 1010 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:00 amPeople using a large number of visa exempt entries are now being regularly denied entry at Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi, even with the onward ticket and cash.
I don't know what Thailand considers 'a large number' but last year (2018) I entered Thailand 10 times, either through Suvarnabhumi or Don Mueang and never even a question was asked before stamping me in with an exemption stamp.

But, I never stay long, usually 4-5 nights, sometimes even less, so that might make a difference. And I always provide a hotel name on my entry form.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic