After two months, British man remains barricaded in Phuket Town condo

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Re: After two months, British man remains barricaded in Phuket Town condo

Post by siliconlife »

davegorman wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:47 pm If he’s born in Australia he’s Australian.
I was born in London to two Australian parents, moved back to Australia when I was 18 months old, and haven't been to the UK since a 2 week holiday when I was 10, and hold only an Australian passport. Does that make me British?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

siliconlife wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:57 pm
davegorman wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:47 pm If he’s born in Australia he’s Australian.
I was born in London to two Australian parents, moved back to Australia when I was 18 months old, and haven't been to the UK since a 2 week holiday when I was 10, and hold only an Australian passport. Does that make me British?

I think its only Americans now, ( Ireland had it up to 2005, Australia up to 1986) that give you citizenship if your born on American soil;
hence the reason lots of pregnant women take tours on US boats whenever they dock in hopes of having their kid onboard.
also Maternity tourism industry was big in the 2000's

illegal immigrants that have kids on US soil, called Anchor babies, are US citizens under the 14th amendment.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

no Australian by birth.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Why didn't they just turn off his water?
You could be next.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Dunno but you’re still a pom.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:37 pm

I think its only Americans now, ( Ireland had it up to 2005, Australia up to 1986) that give you citizenship if your born on American soil;
hence the reason lots of pregnant women take tours on US boats whenever they dock in hopes of having their kid onboard.
also Maternity tourism industry was big in the 2000's

illegal immigrants that have kids on US soil, called Anchor babies, are US citizens under the 14th amendment.
3% correct. There are more than 30 countries of the 195 on the planet that have laws allowing birthright citizenship also known as "jus soli" ( latin meaning "right of the soil")

Antigua and Barbuda
Argentina
Barbados
Belize
Bolivia
Brazil
Canada
Chile
Costa Rica
Cuba
Dominica
Ecuador
El Salvador
Fiji
Grenada
Guatemala
Guyana
Honduras
Jamaica
Lesotho
Mexico
Nicaragua
Pakistan
Panama
Paraguay
Peru
Saint Kits and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Tanzania
Trinidad and Tobago
Tuvalu
United States
Uruguay
Venezuela
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

as i know u all are anxiously awaiting what will happen to David :-)
PHUKET: Australian-born British national David Maclean has been fined by the Phuket Provincial Court for overstaying in the country and transferred to Bangkok, where he awaits deportation, Immigration Police have confirmed.
“He arrived at the Immigration facility at Soi Suan Plu in Bangkok yesterday afternoon (May 7), after he was fined about B2,500 or B3,000 by the Phuket Provincial Court for overstaying,” Maj Tosapon Kitilap of the Phuket Immigration Office told The Phuket News today (May 8).

“His health is fine and normal. He can walk and eat well,” Maj Tosapon added.

Mr Maclean, 50, will be deported to United Kingdom. He has also been banned from re-entering Thailand for five years, Maj Tosapon confirmed.
https://www.thephuketnews.com/condo-squ ... 5Saq1OA.97
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic