Marijuana a dangerous drug ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Re: Marijuana a dangerous drug ?

Post by Captain »

The effects seem benign enough. But a delivery of putting hot smoke is certainly not good.
gaplem
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by gaplem »

As any drug or alcohol or pills for sure ! better just drink water ! but also better to die tomorrow morning if there is no more fun...
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

If you think putting hot smoke in your lungs is good, go visit Chaing Mai these days.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

From my own observation of friends and family, it seems to me (let the hating begin) that marijuana kills ambition. It occurred to me that it's also possible that people with little to no ambition are attracted to it, which would void my hypothesis except to say that people that smoke weed have less ambition and resultant success than the rest of the crowd. Whatever the reason for it.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Captain wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:01 am If you think putting hot smoke in your lungs is good, go visit Chaing Mai these days.
Yes because they are totally the same kind. If you like drinking water just drown yourself right?

There are other ways to consume the iguana. It can be safely injected for example. If you think injecting vaccines into your body is good, go shoot heroin.

Your flawless logic has cured my drug addiction!
kaputt
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by kaputt »

Marijuana-laced cookies responsable for Brit Backpacker ?

British backpacker Catherine Shaw is believed to have stripped naked while hiking on a Guatemalan volcano to watch the sunrise before a fatal fall.
The 23-year-old from Witney, Oxfordshire was reported missing on March 5 after she left Hotel Mayachik, near Lake Atitlan in Guatemala. The search and rescue mission came to an end on Monday after police discovered her body 60ft from the top of the Indian Nose hiking trail.

Leaked photos purportedly from the scene showed evidence of blows to Shaw’s body, sparking rumors of murder. These were intensified by Guatemalan authorities, who said there would be a “criminal probe” into her death. Post mortem results revealed Shaw had died four to six days before she was found of haemorrhaging resulting from a traumatic brain injury.

However, foul play was “probably not involved,” according to the Lucie Blackman Trust – a charity for overseas British victims which had been supporting Catherine’s family. The charity called for speculation surrounding Shaw’s death to end, claiming that her death was nothing more than a “tragic accident.”

It’s believed that Shaw was traveling to the top of the volcano to view the sunrise, and either fell or passed out while hiking. Catherine’s parents Ann and Tarquin thanked locals who found their daughter and said she “died doing what she loved.”

Shaw’s parents described Catherine as a “nature lover” who had been fasting for days leading up to the hike, and added that it was “quite conceivable that she went up the mountain to greet the sunrise, shedding clothing as she went,” and passed out or fell due to not having consumed food or fluids, causing the blows to her body.

“Whilst of course at this stage we do not know the full facts, and cannot rule anything out until we do, it is wrong to assume and of course confirm that she was raped and murdered by a mystery assailant when such facts are not evident.

The owner of the Eco Hotel Mayachik alleged that Shaw may have been under the influence of marijuana-laced cookies at the time of her hike. The owner claimed Shaw was suffering from nightmares and hallucinations as a result of the cookies.
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

fax wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:46 am
Captain wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:01 am If you think putting hot smoke in your lungs is good, go visit Chaing Mai these days.
Yes because they are totally the same kind. If you like drinking water just drown yourself right?

There are other ways to consume the iguana. It can be safely injected for example. If you think injecting vaccines into your body is good, go shoot heroin.

Well they have a similar particulate count and chemical composition because they are both burned plant material. And you have made my day that I prevented another junkie from shooting the evil weed into his veins. How about marijuana enemas? Many drugs are safely delivered that way!
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Captain wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:36 pm
fax wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:46 am

Well they have a similar particulate count and chemical composition because they are both burned plant material. And you have made my day that I prevented another junkie from shooting the evil weed into his veins. How about marijuana enemas? Many drugs are safely delivered that way!
Yes that's why we grant human rights to animals genetically similar to us because those small differences don't matter a whole lot anyway!

Just compare the genetically similar rat to a human. Such insignificant differences. Only 0.0001% to the DNA sequence.
Amkoo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Amkoo »

I have seen many people who have been smoking daily for many years and nowadays they are like zombies. If you say something to them, after 15minutes they have forgot all what you have said. So in my opinion it is dangerous. I cant understand how some people can enjoy that kind of feeling. But yeah it works different in different people.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Amkoo wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:30 pm I have seen many people who have been smoking daily for many years and nowadays they are like zombies. If you say something to them, after 15minutes they have forgot all what you have said. So in my opinion it is dangerous. I cant understand how some people can enjoy that kind of feeling. But yeah it works different in different people.
A whole lot of very successful people smoke too and don't have goldfish memories.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic