Rotating Power Cuts Have Started

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Equinix
Expatriate

Re: Rotating Power Cuts Have Started

Post by Equinix »

By: CEOCambodiaNews (edited it for an easier read xoxo)

EdC Announces Power Cuts

Phnom Penh: Electricité du Cambodge has announced the suspension of electric supply in some areas in Phnom Penh from 25-28 April 2019 to repair and install equipment. Notice of Electricity of Cambodia said that the power supply will be suspended
throughout the day from 7am to 17pm.

April 25th, from 7am to 5pm,

Psar Thmey II,
Sangkat Daun Penh (Wat Phnom Branch),
Sangkat Steung Meanchey II,
Sangkat Steung Meanchey III,
Khan Mean Chey and Sangkat Chom Chit I,
Khan Por Senchey.

April 26, from 7am to 5pm,

Phnom Penh Thmei district,
Kouk Speang commune.
Krong Kangng Commune,
Khsun Commune,
Sen Sok District (Okhokkom Branch),

and some sites in
Sangkat Trapeang Krasaing,
Samrong Krong Commune,
Choam Chhouk District 3 Khan Por Sen Chey,
Sangkat Kouk Roka,
Khan Prey Kompong Commune,
Ovloul District,
Khum Kabol, Bek Chan Commune,
Pekk Commune,
Chhuk Thom Commune,
Ang Snoul District,
Kandal Province (Odom Branch) )

And the area of ​​

Koh Dam,
Sangkat Bak Kheng,
Khan Chroy Changva,
Phnom Penh, Lvea Em,
Khsach Kandal,
Muk Kampoul,
Kandal, Pea Reang,
Prey Veng (Wat Phnom)

April 27 from 7 am to 5 pm,

Srah Chak commune,
Daun Penh district Wat Phnom)

Some sites in

Chom Chao 1 commune,
Choam Chhouk II,
Khan Por Sen Chey,

Phnom Penh (Toul Pangleang branch ) In

Sangkat Trapeang Krasaing,
Samrong Krong Commune,
Chom Chao 3 District Prey Pnov,
Sangkat Kebok,
Kantork Commune,
Ong Lork,
Khum Kolbol,
Phnom Penh,
Bek Chan Commune,
Peuk Commune,
Chhuk Tom Chong Ang Snoul District Kandal (Odom Branch).

April 28, from 7am to 5pm,

Sangkat Chom Chao 2,
Khan Por. Sen Chey (ODM Branch)

Some locations are located in

Choam Chhou district,
Sangkat 3,
Sangkat Trapeang Krasang,
Khan Por Senchey,
Kantork District.
Sangkat Kebol,
Ovloul district,
Khum Kabol,
Bek commune
Pok commune of Chhok Kom Chong Commune,
Samrong Leu Commune,
Ang Snoul District,
Kandal Province (Odom Branch).

EDC has confirmed that the pre-notification is for people in the above supply areas to receive prior information and be prepared.

Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

What are the best places to go (with a generator) if you need to get some work done ?

I've been going to

Joma ($3,70 American with one refill)
Amazon ($2.50 large machiato frappe)
Carl's Jr​ ($1.20 soda cup with unlimited refills)
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Equinix wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:27 am Carl's Jr​ ($1.20 soda cup with unlimited refills)
Just buy the burger you cheapskate.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

God bless my rechargeable fan. It really helps with the morning cuts from 7:30am to around 11am. Can go straight back to sleep.
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

fax wrote:
Equinix wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:27 am Carl's Jr​ ($1.20 soda cup with unlimited refills)
Just buy the burger you cheapskate.
Hehe ImageImage
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

Am I the only one experiencing power cuts at any time of the day for who knows how long?

It used to be consistently odd = AM, even = PM for us, but now we're losing power whenever including the night. Two days ago power was out from 2 AM to 4 PM (yes, 14 hours), yesterday from 3-5 PM and 10 PM to midnight. Now it's been out since 12 noon. There's no rhyme or reason to follow and it's seriously screwing up our work day.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

I just got my 2nd cut of the day which never usually happens. Had 1 from 7:30 to 11:30am today and another 1 just started around 1:15pm

I fucking hate those cunts and whichever fuckwit didn't think this would happen and take preventative measures needs to be spat on until they drown in phlegm
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Captain Bonez wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:31 pm I just got my 2nd cut of the day which never usually happens. Had 1 from 7:30 to 11:30am today and another 1 just started around 1:15pm

I fucking hate those cunts and whichever fuckwit didn't think this would happen and take preventative measures needs to be spat on until they drown in phlegm
They were fucking around today like they had a work experience kid flicking the switches. Mine was out 7.30am-11.45am, then off briefly at 12pm, and off again briefly about 10 minutes later. :dm:
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

Wonder if there was work done to the infrastructure today? Was a bit unusual to have to run the generator all day from 7 to 5 (and we're not in the cut off zone supposedly) but thinking about it, today would have been the perfect day to do the needed upgrades, overcast, not extremely hot, and obviously not raining.

I know we complain about the powers that be (pun nintendo), but cutting them some slack, it's not like the Chinese have given the city much of a chance to cope with their tidal wave of extreme expansion.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

JerryCan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:24 pm I know we complain about the powers that be (pun nintendo), but cutting them some slack, it's not like the Chinese have given the city much of a chance to cope with their tidal wave of extreme expansion.
The municipality has given them permission for all these developments, and it is the local official's job to co-ordinate improvements in infrastructure to keep up with them. It's not like they gave permission for free either. :? The developers should be held more responsible too, they constantly destroy streets with their trucks and digging, while generally making a mess and spreading wet concrete spills, dust and sand all over the neighborhood.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic