Rotating Power Cuts Have Started

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Re: Rotating Power Cuts Have Started

Post by lostjeremy »

mcam wrote:Anyone care to translate?
Basically it says for 4 days different areas of PP will be off the entire day (12 hours?).

PS..don't shoot the messenger

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

I love how, as far as I'm aware, there has been zero accountability as far as this electrical grid snafu.

So goes it in a face-saving culture.

In the West, there'd be televised GAO hearings and we'd be getting down to 1. How this was allowed to happened 2. Who was in charge and 3. How we are going to stop this from happening again.

Then once that was all fleshed out.....someone would be losing their fucking job over it.

It's not like it was a natural disaster that no one could see coming.

Who is being held accountable in Cambodia for this? Which fat-faced, chauffeured Bentley driving, Hennessy and Coke swilling mongrel is in charge of whichever ministry maintains this Country's electrical supply?
Last edited by Brody on Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Brody wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:39 pm I love how, as far as I'm aware, there has been zero accountability as far as this electrical grid snafu.

In the West, there'd be televised GAO hearings and we'd be getting down to 1. How this was allowed to happened 2. Who was in charge and 3. How we are going to stop this from happening again.

Then once that was all fleshed out.....someone would be losing their fucking job over it.

Whose being held accountable in Cambodia for this? Which fat-faced, chauffeured Bentley driving, Hennessy and Coke swilling mongrel is in charge of whichever ministry maintains this Country's electrical supply?
Hey, put the blame on those office girls sitting in offices all day with the air-con on and don't even turn off the lights when they go home. Then there are all those expats sitting in bars all day wanting extra, extra cold beers when they could be drinking beer with ice in instead. Everyone just wasting electricity.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: Unexpected power outages in Sen Sok district in Phnom Penh last night, after an electric fire broke out in the street outside New World at 10:30 pm on April 24.
The blaze destroyed electric wiring and some internet cables, but nobody was injured.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

I like Brody’s description of those who should be accountable for this debacle. Unfortunately the Khmer electorate are complicit and no one complains.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

EdC Announces Power Cuts in Phnom Penh Districts from 25-28 April 2019.

Phnom Penh: Electricité du Cambodge has announced the suspension of electric supply in some areas in Phnom Penh from 25-28 April 2019 to repair and install equipment. Notice of Electricity of Cambodia said that the power supply will be suspended
throughout the day from 7am to 17pm on April 25th in Psar Thmey II, Sangkat Daun Penh (Wat Phnom Branch), Sangkat Steung Meanchey II, Sangkat Steung Meanchey III, Khan Mean Chey and Sangkat Chom Chit I, Khan Por Senchey.

April 26, from 7am to 5pm, will suspend the electricity supply in Phnom Penh Thmei district, Kouk Speang commune. Krong Kangng Commune, Khsun Commune, Sen Sok District (Okhokkom Branch), and some sites in Sangkat Trapeang Krasaing, Samrong Krong Commune, Choam Chhouk District 3 Khan Por Sen Chey, Sangkat Kouk Roka, Khan Prey Kompong Commune, Ovloul District, Khum Kabol, Bek Chan Commune, Pekk Commune, Chhuk Thom Commune, Ang Snoul District, Kandal Province (Odom Branch) ) And the area of ​​Koh Dam, Sangkat Bak Kheng, Khan Chroy Changva, Phnom Penh, Lvea Em, Khsach Kandal, Muk Kampoul, Kandal, Pea Reang, Prey Veng (Wat Phnom). .

April 27 from 7 am to 5 pm will suspend the electricity supply in Srah Chak commune, Daun Penh district Wat Phnom) Some sites in Chom Chao 1 commune, Choam Chhouk II, Khan Por Sen Chey, Phnom Penh (Toul Pangleang branch ) In Sangkat Trapeang Krasaing, Samrong Krong Commune, Chom Chao 3 District Prey Pnov, Sangkat Kebok, Kantork Commune, Ong Lork, Khum Kolbol, Phnom Penh, Bek Chan Commune, Peuk Commune, Chhuk Tom Chong Ang Snoul District Kandal (Odom Branch).

April 28, from 7am to 5pm, will suspend the electricity supply in Sangkat Chom Chao 2, Khan Por. Sen Chey (ODM Branch) Some locations are located in Choam Chhou district, Sangkat 3, Sangkat Trapeang Krasang, Khan Por Senchey, Kantork District. Sangkat Kebol, Ovloul district, Khum Kabol, Bek commune
Pok commune of Chhok Kom Chong Commune, Samrong Leu Commune, Ang Snoul District, Kandal Province (Odom Branch). EDC has confirmed that the pre-notification is for people in the above supply areas to receive prior information and be prepared.
Source: https://kohsantepheapdaily.com.kh/article/830815.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

joelightcloud wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:44 pm Getting ridiculous now. Last two mornings power off shortly after 5am. This morning it came back on at 11.30 and was off again by 12.

Given there was no power yesterday morning from 5.30(ish) "alternate mornings/afternoons" should have meant power this morning but not this afternoon. Does anyone know what the fuck is going on? (Sen Sok area)
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:04 pm Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: Unexpected power outages in Sen Sok district in Phnom Penh last night, after an electric fire broke out in the street outside
Well, at least we know you're not lying :D
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

Duncan wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:55 pm
Brody wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:39 pm I love how, as far as I'm aware, there has been zero accountability as far as this electrical grid snafu.

Whose being held accountable in Cambodia for this? Which fat-faced, chauffeured Bentley driving, Hennessy and Coke swilling mongrel is in charge of whichever ministry maintains this Country's electrical supply?
Hey, put the blame on those office girls sitting in offices all day with the air-con on and don't even turn off the lights when they go home. Then there are all those expats sitting in bars all day wanting extra, extra cold beers when they could be drinking beer with ice in instead. Everyone just wasting electricity.
It takes a lot of electricity to make ice.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

So they've tried the under-volt trick again this year, with predictable results on the infrastructure
And to add insult, the bills

monstra mihi bona!
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

Phnom Poon wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:29 pm So they've tried the under-volt trick again this year, with predictable results on the infrastructure
And to add insult, the bills
^^I thought that was always the case. I'm happy if I ever see the plus side of 200 volts and the regulator doesn't have to kick on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic