How is your memory.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

How is your memory.

Post by Duncan »

I have always had a bad memory, even when I went to school it was bad. But I am sometimes surprised that now approaching 72 years of age I can remember some things that happened 50 plus years ago.
It was only last night that I suddenly remembered the name of my school teacher, Braun Junkers, that in 1962 , when I had only turned 15, said to me ,,, You have a learning disability and it's best you don't come back to school next term. Teachers know all the answers, so I followed his advice.

I guess this has happened to you ,,, parked your car and forgot exactly where ? Well I found mine , or should I say the police found mine after I had reported it stolen.
Remember that good friend of yours called,,,,,,, Mate. Well I have many friends ,,all called ''Mate ''

Sometimes my memory is so good I wish I could forget everything in my life.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: How is your memory.

Post by Sidewalker »

Sometimes very good, sometimes very bad. An example: If I lend money to someone, I will never forget it, but if I owe someone money, I always forget it. :D
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

You haven’t forgot where the comma key is that’s for sure.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

davegorman wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:49 pm You haven’t forgot where the comma key is that’s for sure.
Don't be too sure. Maybe he thought it was the space bar.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , :bow:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

the past few years ive seen a noticeable change in my brain functioning due to the effects of CTE (dementia pugilistica) from boxing/kickboxing, one of the effects is memory loss, probably the most annoying/frustrating is having to constantly write reminders in my phone now if i need to do/remember something, because if i dont, ill end up forgetting
another thing that ive noticed thats started happening a lot more recently is forgetting people, whether it be people coming up to me who i feel ive never met before, but they know me, or sometimes i bump into people that i recognise/feel like i know, but no idea where from, and im left with that horrible de ja vu feeling trying to rack my brain to little effect

i think i find it more frustrating because i used to pride myself of having a 'memory like an elephant' but now i cant trust myself at all, and the worst thing is im only 31!! :BangHead:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

I'm 70+ and my memory is generally good, but I notice that it is getting less.
The problem is at my age, you have to much to remember. :D
Chamboy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chamboy »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:21 pm the past few years ive seen a noticeable change in my brain functioning due to the effects of CTE (dementia pugilistica) from boxing/kickboxing, one of the effects is memory loss, probably the most annoying/frustrating is having to constantly write reminders in my phone now if i need to do/remember something, because if i dont, ill end up forgetting
another thing that ive noticed thats started happening a lot more recently is forgetting people, whether it be people coming up to me who i feel ive never met before, but they know me, or sometimes i bump into people that i recognise/feel like i know, but no idea where from, and im left with that horrible de ja vu feeling trying to rack my brain to little effect

i think i find it more frustrating because i used to pride myself of having a 'memory like an elephant' but now i cant trust myself at all, and the worst thing is im only 31!! :BangHead:
Too many head blocks and too much roper doper.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Chamboy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:41 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:21 pm the past few years ive seen a noticeable change in my brain functioning due to the effects of CTE (dementia pugilistica) from boxing/kickboxing, one of the effects is memory loss, probably the most annoying/frustrating is having to constantly write reminders in my phone now if i need to do/remember something, because if i dont, ill end up forgetting

you know boss :hattip: :plus1:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:52 pm
Chamboy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:41 pm

you know boss :hattip: :plus1:
You can’t blame it all on the boxing old chap.
No one can remember the first name of five thousands shags...
:horse:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic