Thailand Medical Marijuana Conference

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Bangkok Medical
Tourist
Thailand

Thailand Medical Marijuana Conference

Post by Bangkok Medical »

The focus of what we are doing in Thailand now revolves around 3 things: Education, Research and Opportunities.

Education is to help the general population overcome the stigma behind cannabis and to show that there is strong medicinal value in cannabis in terms of pediatric epilepsy,  cancer treatments, etc.

Research involves sharing research from other countries with Thai researchers and government officials to bring more clarity to this subject.

Opportunities are almost endless because of how underdeveloped this market is, and we are looking to open the doors for more people to work in this sector.

The conference will cover these points with speakers from America, Europe and Asia, and it will dive into how companies can properly position themselves get in on the ground within this new market. There will be speakers, open debates, workshops, and networking. All talks will be in English, though one guest speaker who heads up Thailand's traditional medicine board will have his speech translated.

Please see the attached draft itinerary and join for the upcoming event on Thailand Medical Marijuana this April 20th.

https://thailand_420.eventbrite.com

Note that draft is subject to minor changes as the final draft will be posted in one week.

If you have any questions, please do let us know.
[email protected]
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Re: Thailand Medical Marijuana Conference

Post by markd »

in the interest in education, does any medical 420 have thc or just cbd

how do farangs get onto thai medical 420 tourism.

how will farangs know which are the go to doctors for a prescription of medical 420.

do farangs need to bring documented proof from their countries of domicile to allow thai doctors to prescribe medical 429
thru shit to more shit
sklmeera
Expatriate
Bhutan

Post by sklmeera »

The first medical weed dispensary has just opened in the UK . Costs a few hundred quid to get a doctors note then you can get legal weed . This will come down fast I predict . Seems to me this is the beginning of the end of prohibition in the UK . Just a matter of time till its legal weed all over the world , Thailand being one of the first Asian countries to fall I guess . Its already to all intents and purposes free in Laos , Vietnam and maybe Cambodia . Though I have heard they are getting stricter in Cambodia recently .
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

That's one conference that won't be starting at 8.30am, and will start with brownies and other finger foods.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

sklmeera wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:48 pm The first medical weed dispensary has just opened in the UK . Costs a few hundred quid to get a doctors note then you can get legal weed . This will come down fast I predict . Seems to me this is the beginning of the end of prohibition in the UK . Just a matter of time till its legal weed all over the world , Thailand being one of the first Asian countries to fall I guess . Its already to all intents and purposes free in Laos , Vietnam and maybe Cambodia Though I have heard they are getting stricter in Cambodia recently .
More fake news;
its not-- nor has it ever been Legal in any of these 3 countries an expect it will be awhile till you see any Farang being able to get a card to buy medical dope in Thailand

When i got my medicinal card in Ca awhile ago it was $100.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
sklmeera
Expatriate
Bhutan

Post by sklmeera »

"to all intents and purposes " That phrase means as good as .
Laos and Vietnam have no law enforcement on people smoking or buying small quantities of weed . So its not fake news . Just you cant read right .
sklmeera
Expatriate
Bhutan

Post by sklmeera »

I could walk down the street and buy 100 grams or more if i wanted of good marijuana ans sit at the side of the road rolling joints , pipes bongs etc and get no hassle whatsoever. This is NOT something you could do in Thailand .
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

StroppyChops wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:01 pm That's one conference that won't be starting at 8.30am, and will start with brownies and other finger foods.
I wouldn't be too surprised by random urine checks of tourists who think it's all good.
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

sklmeera wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:37 pm I could walk down the street and buy 100 grams or more if i wanted of good marijuana ans sit at the side of the road rolling joints , pipes bongs etc and get no hassle whatsoever. This is NOT something you could do in Thailand .

Neither you should do here.
pebbles&nightsky
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic