Boeing 737 max - 2.plane down

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Boeing 737 max - 2.plane down

Post by pczz »

Quick warning. Avoid Oman Air. they are short of planes and when I flew out last Sspetember one leg was cancelleed. When i asked for compensation under EU261 i was told I was not entitled to it because the 737-800 grounding was an unusual event. A quick email to the Civil Aviation authority persuaded Oman air to accept they were talking bullshit and agree to pay me the 6000 euro compensation, but I am still waiitng 3 months later!
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Unfortunately public corporations are beholden to shareholders who demand every increasing levels of profit. Few hold stocks for years and believe in a company.

Maybe fire Jim Cramer and shut down Bloomberg, CNBC?

Or impose a mandatory rule that any stock must be held for 10 years or longer?

As the article states, Boeing had lost its way. Hopefully the company will find its compass again.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Boeing's 'culture of concealment' led to fatal 737 Max crashes, report finds
Preliminary findings conclude Boeing ‘jeopardized the safety of the flying public’ in its attempts to get Max approved by regulators
Dominic Rushe in New York
Fri 6 Mar 2020 19.21 GMT
Last modified on Sat 7 Mar 2020 00.44 GMT

A “culture of concealment”, cost cutting and “grossly insufficient” oversight led to two fatal crashes of Boeing 737 Max aircraft that claimed 346 lives, a congressional report has concluded.

The preliminary findings, issued by Democrats on the House transportation committee, conclude that Boeing “jeopardized the safety of the flying public” in its attempts to get the Max approved by regulators.

In a blistering 13-page report the committee found Boeing’s Max design “was marred by technical design failures, lack of transparency with both regulators and customers”.

According to the report, in 2011 the manufacturer was “under tremendous financial pressure” to compete with its rival Airbus’s A320neo aircraft. The speediest solution was to update its 737 fleet rather than develop a new plane.

As a result of those pressures, and in order to get the Max certified as quickly as possible, the manufacturer misled and withheld information from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and even “the very existence” of the MCAS anti-stall software system, blamed for the crashes, from pilots.
Full article: https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... hes-report
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

the MCAS anti-stall software system
It’s not anti-stall.
That is a much repeated, but flawed understanding/description of what MCAS is, and is all too frequently trotted out due to short cuts in the research and reporting.
The facts surrounding how MCAS was poorly specified, approved and implemented in the case of the MAX are frequently lost in the dumbed-down explanation, and just serves to keep people misinformed.
emm
Expatriate
Austria

Post by emm »

Just found this piece of thread which is about one year old. Meanwhile the truth has surfaced and some consequences have taken place:

1. the former CEO (hinself an engineer) received 34 Million USD on his departure .... while in reality he should be in jail
2. the lies spread by Boeing executives have proven to be just that : LIES
3. THE 737 MAX 8 FLIES AGAIN ! IT'S CERTIFIED IN THE USA
4. WOULD YOU FLY ONE AS A PASSENGER ?

TODAY'S HEADLINE PUTS IT TO THE POINT : Boeing agrees to pay $2.5 billion to settle charges it defrauded FAA on 737 Max

THE LINK TO THIS STORY IS : https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/07/busi ... index.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic