Manager of Landing Zone Boutique Hotel in Siem Reap ERIC LITTIERE Allegedly Threatening Khmer Staff

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Manager of Landing Zone Boutique Hotel in Siem Reap ERIC LITTIERE Allegedly Threatening Khmer Staff

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:16 am
Cam Nivag wrote:Why do angry people always say “Do you know who I am?” What does that ever accomplish? I’ve never heard anyone powerful or important say it.
The rich and powerful in Cambodia don’t bother to to say such things. At least it appears from the news articles.
This guy certainly did give it the "Do you know who I am ?" :
https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/weal ... ack-82020/
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Re: Manager of Landing Zone Boutique Hotel in Siem Reap ERIC LITTIERE Allegedly Threatening Khmer Staff

Post by Queef »

tiger855 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:32 am As usual in Cambodia, show 50%, and keep the other 50% that could be wrong for you 😁

Threat my wife, me and my family, Spam me, my boss, my workplace and I should shut up ?

The guy who posted it is the boyfriend of 1 of that receptionist. She work and feed him (she said it to my staff). Everybody is free to ask my staff how I treat them.

I had problems in the past with :

1 Front Office Manager stole money from hotel

1 Chef (who also shared that post) who first had problem with 4 persons in my team + asked holidays Because her uncle died (infact he went to Vietnam with his boyfriend) and also stole 100% of my menu + photos and use it to his new workplace (!)

1 receptionist who stole money.

All of what i’m saying, I have all proofs, everybody are free to come to meet me and see it 😊
Based on the screenshots you provided, you need to learn how to keep things to yourself. Your staff doesn't need to know they live in a shithole country. As a foreigner, you're not allowed to voice what's in your head (even if it's the truth). That was your first mistake as a manager.

Your second mistake was to save money by hiring a bunch of fucking losers. In the end, it's costing you more. The reputation of your hotel is at stake.

Your third and last mistake is you thinking that you can manage your staff the way you would manage French people. The French and Cambodian cultures differ drastically. Calling someone out in France (and in most places in the "west") will eventually trigger some kind of thinking process, especially in the workplace. Calling someone out in Cambodia for their lack of skills/ workmanship will make them lose face (which will obviously lead to the infamous "barang is looking down on us. Barang no good. Kampuchea best country in the world").

All in all, you gotta work on yourself if you wanna succeed here. Your staff might be made of dipshits, but remember, it takes two hands to clap
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

To be fair. Good staff, from cleaners to general managers, are like gold dust out here. That said, the guys attitude smacks of arrogance or someone under immense pressure.

I doubt this guy will ever be able to keep any staff for long. And given training new staff well is a time consuming business i think we'll be hearing about him again.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:47 am Not condoning what actions the affected staff did to get back at this guy but.....
They weren’t agree with this decision.

So I told them, if they are not agree, they are free to leave.
This doesn't sound like someone that has great people skills...respond with a threat for them to leave...what do you think is gonna happen?

Also, this salary business of paying depending on the days in the month ie 28-31 and paying for public holidays seems convoluted..
Mrs Cargo gets paid $xxx per month regardless of number of days in the month or public holidays and gets 1 day off per week. Gets a bonus if working on a public holiday. Simple.
She was new employee, right? Nowhere, incl. in Cambodia, you get full salary on first month if you don't start from beginning of the month.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

rogerrabbit wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:56 pm
She was new employee, right? Nowhere, incl. in Cambodia, you get full salary on first month if you don't start from beginning of the month.
Having been both an employer and an employee in this country; I disagree.

Sure, if somebody joins, say in the third week, a part wage. Otherwise I've always given and received a full month when starting from dates other than the 1st.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

rogerrabbit wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:56 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:47 am Not condoning what actions the affected staff did to get back at this guy but.....
They weren’t agree with this decision.

So I told them, if they are not agree, they are free to leave.
This doesn't sound like someone that has great people skills...respond with a threat for them to leave...what do you think is gonna happen?

Also, this salary business of paying depending on the days in the month ie 28-31 and paying for public holidays seems convoluted..
Mrs Cargo gets paid $xxx per month regardless of number of days in the month or public holidays and gets 1 day off per week. Gets a bonus if working on a public holiday. Simple.
True, she started on the 4th. In addition however, given this:
So I paid her from 4th to 28th + 1 PH but she still don’t understand and do as like I’m wrong.
I think by mentioning the 28th it's implied he also pays differently depending on 28, 29, 30 or 31 days in the month?
tiger855
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by tiger855 »

Every single things were a problem with them and only them.
They wanted to manage the place, the wanted to decide who was able to work there or not.
They even made problems with guest many times.

As I told them, they may not agree with that, but it's not their concern.
It was between me and the receptionist that I ended the contract, not them.

For information, one of them was absent 2 times after 7 days of work only.
She worked in 2 different places in her entire life.
She had problems in the 2 places.
She had problem with management and housekeeping staff :)

Another one, she asked me 15 days off (paid !) after 13 days of work.
I even give her 1 more day off on february.

I used to manage khmer staff here.
Except people who had problems (stole, argue with other staff...), most of them always asked me if they can comeback to work here after try another place...
2 of my old staff came back after these 2 girls left, strange no ?

Should I mention that they asked 1 cook to follow them.
She did because she liked one of them, then she want to comeback but they manipulated her for didn't do it.
I have audio records and text when they told her "if you go back to work there, I don't talk with you anymore".
What are you waiting for from 18 years old kid.

Everything is just about manipulation and defamation.
They went to police station already and police didn't do anything :)

As you mentioned my name here, let me mention their names too :
Sreyvoleak SOR (her husband that she feed is Mick Mackin) and another one is Sreynich NOL

Sreyvoleak SOR :

Sreynich NOL :

Mick MACKIN (who is the husband or boyfriend of Sreyvoleak SOR and also the one who share all that things under the name TOM RONG or Siemreaper :grin: ) :
tiger855
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by tiger855 »

I always known that I should always listen both side before make any judgement (especially in Cambodia).

This is enough.

These are the proof that it’s a scam / spam and this is why I called her.
Conversation with Mrs Sreyvoleak SOR as you can see...

I wish no one to be in that situation in the future !

ImageImage
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

You can be as right as you want. You have made recorded mistakes and pissed a lot of locals off. It's a recipe for disaster even if you think they are powerless. You should leave the country.

This is not about being right or wrong. The first step as a foreigner is to keep a low profile and stay away from drama.

Nobody will care about how right you are. You are a foreigner. Do you have money?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

someone going to be in the news soon
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic