Foreign Car Driver Detained After Injuring Woman on a Motorbike

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Foreign Car Driver Detained After Injuring Woman on a Motorbike

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: At 1:20 on March 10, 2019, on National Road 1 in Chbar Ampov district, an unidentified foreign man driving a RX300 Lexus had a collision with a motorcycle carrying two old people.
The old woman was injured in the accident and was promptly transported to hospital. Police took the foreign man for questioning and impounded both vehicles.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Foreign Car Driver Detained After Injuring Woman on a Motorbike

Post by Kayve »

Gonna cost him some pennies here.
Don't forget the water buffalo
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Kayve wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:18 am Gonna cost him some pennies here.
I wonder how much the other fucktard that killed two Finnish tourists and a tuk tuk driver had to pay. Probably nothing. But yea, Peter lightly hit two people that were most likely driving like retards and now has to give up on his life savings. Mh
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Queef wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:35 am
I wonder how much the other fucktard that killed two Finnish tourists and a tuk tuk driver had to pay. Probably nothing. But yea, Peter lightly hit two people that were most likely driving like retards and now has to give up on his life savings. Mh
Really ?
If the foreigner driving a Lexus does not have third party insurance for his car, as he should do, then I'm sure that he can fork out whatever is necessary to pay the hospital bills for the two old people and fix their motorbike. How much can that be - a couple of hundred, plus a hundred for the police report ? If he hasn't got enough, then he can sell the Lexus. :mrgreen:
[He should have sorted it before the police arrived.]
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:27 pm
Really ?
If the foreigner driving a Lexus does not have third party insurance for his car, as he should do, then I'm sure that he can fork out whatever is necessary to pay the hospital bills for the two old people and fix their motorbike. How much can that be - a couple of hundred, plus a hundred for the police report ? If he hasn't got enough, then he can sell the Lexus. :mrgreen:
[He should have sorted it before the police arrived.]
Yea, really.
If the foreigner doesn't have insurance, then it's his bad. He can always start a gofundme. My point was that I've heard stories or locals doing way worse and getting away with it. I've also met a German guy that got ran into by a motodop and still had to pay for the hospital bill and give extra money. I'm not liking that double standard one bit. The foreigner is always wrong type of mentality is getting on my nerves. We don't treat them like that back home. We bend over backwards so can feel at home
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

That's not always the way it works - I hit three drunk freshies when they veered across Russian Boulevard in front of my car. I was stone cold sober, and avoided killing all three outright with a swerve to the right that I could only go so far due to the motorbikes on my right; it was a real tight squeeze for everyone. Still, I took out their front wheel, which was already laying down as they'd laid down their bike already. After a brief stop to check nobody was seriously injured I drove off ... and the little wankers' mates on other bikes chased me down until I pulled into Toul Kork police station. Eye witnesses soon turned up, plus the wife got out the passenger side in full battle armour - the sniveling little bastards ended up being billed for the repairs to the front bumper of my car ($100, cost me $50 ;) ) and told in no uncertain terms to go home by the police. And to go fuck themselves by said wife in her finest Khmer.

Even without the wife's intervention, the other motos that followed, probably the guys on the right I didn't wipe out & saw what happened were also giving it their all to prove the foreigner actually probably prevented deaths that night - a drunken Khmer would have gone straight through them & not stopped at all. Pain in the ass for sure, not really worth the $50 profit.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

What was Peter doing out at 1:20 a.m. on a Saturday night? Just going out for some boiled corn?
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Cam Nivag wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:46 pm
What was Peter doing out at 1:20 a.m. on a Saturday night? Just going out for some boiled corn?
Peter was obviously going to the pagoda to drop off some puppies he found along national road 4. Of course he was drunk as shit and perhaps leaving nana hotel after giving some poor girl a taste of his whisky dick. But does that justify the fact that he's treated like a walking ATM? Should the families of the two Finnish guys come to Cambodia and ask for reparations? That would be weird, wouldn't it?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Queef wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:00 pm
Peter was obviously going to the pagoda to drop off some puppies he found along national road 4. Of course he was drunk as shit and perhaps leaving nana hotel after giving some poor girl a taste of his whisky dick. But does that justify the fact that he's treated like a walking ATM? Should the families of the two Finnish guys come to Cambodia and ask for reparations? That would be weird, wouldn't it?
If you're drunk, and involved in a traffic accident, and the others a sober, you pay. Same everywhere in the world, no matter whether you have insurance or not.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:02 pm
Queef wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:00 pm
If you're drunk, and involved in a traffic accident, and the others a sober, you pay. Same everywhere in the world, no matter whether you have insurance or not.
Agreed. However, how many drunk Cambodians have hurt/ killed foreigners and got away with it? I'm not trynna defend Peter for stripping in front of a crowd, I'm just saying that this double standard is getting outta hands. Peter (that barely hurt two people) is treated just like that other local guy that killed three people.

Another scenario: you treat yourself to a weekend in Kampot. On the way there, some Nobel prize recipient decides to make a U-turn without checking for upcoming traffic. You hit him. He flies off his shit moped and lands a football field away from the scene. He's clearly at fault, yet, you'll have to shell out a crapload of cash because of HIS stupidity. How is that acceptable? Why are foreigners always at fault? Because we blanket bombed them and put some landmines here and there? The last time I checked, I wasn't part of that (I wasn't even born) and my parents were against the Vietnam war. Where does that leave me?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic