Thaksins Thai Raksa Chart party down and out

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thaksins Thai Raksa Chart party down and out

Post by phuketrichard »

if they bring thaksin or his sister back and tried them
blood would run in the streets
Thailand was smart NOT to try and extradite him from HK.
He still has a huge following not to mention lots of powerful people in the right places

as far as the red bull heir, hey money talks...bullshit walks
The thai's know it and its all part of "Thainess"
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Most likely, some of his yuge following will soon peacefully assemble in Bongcock again.

That'll give everybody something to look forward to.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Well, that didn't take long

From the faceook page of Prachatai English (https://prachatai.com/english/) https://www.facebook.com/pg/PrachataiEnglish/photos/

sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

And so it begins...

ACTIVIST’S CAR TORCHED, ANOTHER PHYSICALLY ATTACKED
http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crim ... -attacked/
A "pro-democracy" activist’s car was set on fire early Monday by an unknown arsonist after the activist led a protest calling for the impeachment of the Election Commission for its perceived mishandling of the elections.

Another well-known Redshirt activist, Anurak Jeantawanich, was physically attacked at this home in Samut Prakarn province after returning from the protest. Anurak suffered minor cuts on his left arm.

sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

More symbolic revocations:

KING STRIPS EX-PM THAKSIN OF PARAMILITARY RANK
http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2019 ... tary-rank/
It’s the latest in a series of moves against the billionaire, who became Thailand’s prime minister in 2001 before a military coup ousted him in 2006 [Not exactly true, he had already stepped down as PM]. A royal decree on March 30 stripped Thaksin of his royal decorations, a few days after the army recalled a special medal granted to him as a prominent alumnus of its academy.

These decisions come amidst the power struggle that is the aftermath of the general election on 24 March. Both the junta-backed Phalang Pracharath and Thaksin-aligned Pheu Thai have claimed victory and their right to form a coalition.
It's not exactly clear what these moves are meant to accomplish. It's certain that Mr. T has a few counter-moves planned and is just biding his time for the moment until after Songkran and the upcoming Coronation. Or, perhaps he will surprise everyone and strike back sooner than expected?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

coronation is may, 4-6th, 'wonder if they will know by than who the PM is ....:-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

sigmoid wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:08 am Well, this is shaping up to be quite a showdown:

Thai princess who stood for PM attends Shinawatra Hong Kong wedding
https://apnews.com/298fedc58e4f443ea3a06755e7f2b811

The usual doom and gloom predictions still apply to Thailand's future. Leave now before the big rush.
How did a dude that ugly have such a good looking daughter. She must be the milkman's......
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:33 pm coronation is may, 4-6th, 'wonder if they will know by than who the PM is ....:-)
Depends who is quicker, the Election Commission reaching a formula that guarantees the pro military coalition a majority or the puppet court system convicting the Freedom Forward Party leader and somehow disqualifying enough of the opposition coalition to reach the same result. It's a " Big Joke ", I don't know of any other country that would wait so long after an election to reach a final result, total lack of credibility.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Just give it to the military and lets move on;;; can always hold elections again in 2025
:beer1:
BANGKOK: The embattled Election Commission (EC) is expected to face two potentially serious petitions today (Apr 9) with one calling for the nullification of the March 24 poll and the other demanding the impeachment of its seven members for alleged malfeasance in its handling of the election.
Srisuwan Janya, secretary-general of the Association for the Protection of the Constitution, will today submit a petition to the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) seeking the ouster of the EC members.

He said the petition accuses the commissioners of deliberately using their power in a way that breached the constitution.
Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/election- ... JjzRqaS.99
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

I think by now, we all realise that after the coronation, there won't really be much need for a PM.

The position, if it still exists, will be largely symbolic.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic