Female From Georgia Commits Suicide, Sihanoukville Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
GEORGE.K
Tourist
Georgia

Re: Female From Georgia Commits Suicide, Sihanoukville Cambo

Post by GEORGE.K »

I am re-posting here the same comment I made on other forum and I hope it will not be considered as spam - just saving time on typing.

I would kindly ask everyone here to stop speculating and making assumptions unless you have a clear idea on what has actually happened/happening there. Provide me facts if you can, otherwise please don't waste anyone's time playing an online detectives here, sorry.

I am already working with so called "police" of Sihanoukville and asked them to leave the case open for the private detective arriving there in Dec. and unlock the house for my friend before his arrival to send over some of our pictures on SD card and hard drive for her mother.

I do have a reasonable ground to suspect that at very least this was not a 'regular" suicide - and it is certainly not the first case since 2012 of "barangs" found hanged in the very same area without reported motive or suicide note. (Do some research).

And I also I believe I knew her a bit more than anyone else here on the forum or elsewhere, so I might know on what she was capable or not doing to herself...

If I was so blind that I have overlooked any signs of depression she might have had - this is my cross to bear..

But again I am more than sure that she could never hang herself (at least without assistance) and that can be confirmed by anyone who knew her close enough (unfortunately not by pathologists here as her body was not in "conspicuous" state (not sure if it is the right word in English) on the date of arrival, which well... was today...

Look at her feet, she could easily stand (basic survival instinct) if she would have hanged herself.
Spoiler:
How would you explain that? I am 1,90 m tall and could easily reach the plank the rope was attached to as I can see from the picture.

Her transportation to home was being delayed because of local authorities sending requested documents to Air company in Khmer... and it took them another week for translation...

So here is my offer:

1) I am sending $1000 USD next business day to anyone who can provide me with the name, contacts and location of the photographer who took the pictures and smaller fee ($250) for the name(s) of any other person(s) (in case it's not the same individual - the photographer) who spread the pictures over the internet and social media - (it was just not right for her mother to stumble upon them before she even was told what happened.)

2) We can talk about the larger amount if anyone can provide me with any useful details on her whereabouts and people she met or was seen with from Nov 6 till she was found.. dead.

3) I am offering $3000 USD (negotiable) for any proof of her being murdered.

Funds can be transferred through your proffered channel, I can think of: Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, Paypal , Bitcoin etc.

If you wish to remain anonymous - you will/b].

I am not insisting she was murdered - but I do believe there is reasonable doubt for further investigation, and I do understand local "police" closing all similar cases with "suicide" label on it. Is it in their interest to report a murder case(s) in one of the major tourist destinations in the country?

Contact me by phone (Speak: English/Russian):
+995 568 000 877
+995 595 390 756
GEORGE (Bacho) KARTVELISHVILI

or email: [email protected] and I can share all other archived and well hidden cases of people being hanged in the above mentioned area that i was being provided (besides what you can access via simple google search by yourself).

No more speculations here please, or feeling sorry for me. Just state facts. I am wasting my time sitting in front of computer each day reading all hair splitting and posts made by people hard-wired to other peoples grief...
Last edited by GEORGE.K on Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for a qualified private investigator in Cambodia
For details contact:
GEORGE KARTVELISHVILI
[email protected]

Country of Georgia:
+995 568 000 877 (EN/RU).
+995 595 390 756 (RU).
+995 599 234 100 (RU).

Speak English/Russian.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

GEORGE.K wrote:

So here is my offer:

1) I am sending $1000 next business day to anyone who can give me the name, contacts and location of person(s) who spread the pictures over the internet and social media - (it was just not right for her mother to stumble upon them before she even was told what happened.)
Condolences.

Do you mean the Cambodians that put it all over Facebook? Or the people who took the pictures? I'm not clear exactly who it is you're talking about.

If you have already found these images on social media, it would show who posted them.

I saw them all over Facebook, but don't recall any disrespectful comments. (Granted, I didn't translate all the comments on Facebook, as all the ones I did translate were not informative, and they all seemed the same.)

So who is it you're looking for?

And what is the plan once you contact/locate them?

CEO tries to have info for anything that is related to foreigners and Cambodia, and that unfortunately involves tragic stories. We often post graphic images along with these stories, but in no way are they posted for people to gawk at or ridicule.

We try to keep CEO as uncensored at possible, which sometimes includes horrific events.

We do not tolerate the kind of distasteful and downright disrespectful comments you can read on "shock sites" like bestgore*com, rotten*com, etc, who seem to post them for the sole reason of twisted entertainment.

We also try and make sure any graphic content is put into spoilers so that nobody will see them unless they decide to.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

George has a point. I'm no expert on suicide. I have seen very few pictures of suicide but it's only the ones from Cambodia involving foreigners where simply standing up would have saved them. Surely that would be an instinctive reaction.

@StroppyChops may have attended the occasional suicide as a paramedic. Are the above scenarios realistic?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Digg3r wrote:@StroppyChops may have attended the occasional suicide as a paramedic. Are the above scenarios realistic?
Others will make the distinction if I don't clarify, I was a Senior Officer with St John Ambulance as opposed to a paramedic.

This spoiler contains my thoughts/experiences on suicide - if this is a painful topic to you, it may be best to pass.
Spoiler:
Disclaimer: I know nothing about this case and am not commenting on the information/images presented.

In my direct experience:
1. Women don't typically hang themselves when other methods (especially -first- poisoning and -second- firearms) are available to them
2. I have never seen a successful suicide by strangulation/hanging in which the deceased could stand - I did see a single case in which survival instinct kicked in and the patient stood, released themselves, and sought assistance.
3. Suicides who are determined (to die) tend to stand on objects that they kick from under themselves, thus preventing a change of mind
4. I never once saw a thin rope used for suicide, although it is possible (a colleague responded to an incident involving electrical wire)
5. An efficient autopsy would reveal whether a victim was strangled and then suspended, or vice versa, by physical factors including the nature and location of crush injury, lividity, etc.
6. Accidental death by autoerotic asphyxia is highly unlikely to occur outside the victim's bedroom or bathroom

Again, I know nothing of this specific situation, my comments are generalised based on my own experience as a first-responder, and the mining town in which I served had a 3:1 male/female ratio which would have skewed my experience from 'norms'.

My father was a suicide, my condolences and sympathies to any who have lost friends and family in this way.

Respect to the loved one who requested it in this thread, I hope you find closure and justice.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

i thought, when death occurs, then all muscles relax and limbs would hang straight down ?

im no expert, but i find it shocking! that her legs are bend.

anyone knows about this?

not sure, how many hundreds of (historic) pics i have seen of hanged ppl, anyone ever seen one, where the limbs were not straight down ?
GEORGE.K
Tourist
Georgia

Post by GEORGE.K »

General Mackevili wrote:
GEORGE.K wrote:

So here is my offer:

1) I am sending $1000 next business day to anyone who can give me the name, contacts and location of person(s) who spread the pictures over the internet and social media - (it was just not right for her mother to stumble upon them before she even was told what happened.)
Condolences.

Do you mean the Cambodians that put it all over Facebook? Or the people who took the pictures? I'm not clear exactly who it is you're talking about.

If you have already found these images on social media, it would show who posted them.

I saw them all over Facebook, but don't recall any disrespectful comments. (Granted, I didn't translate all the comments on Facebook, as all the ones I did translate were not informative, and they all seemed the same.)

So who is it you're looking for?

And what is the plan once you contact/locate them?
1) I need to find the photographer as I assume he/she was there earlier than some other people, so he/she might shed some light on what was initial condition of the body, was it found in the state depicted on the picture or was the rope loosened after by the "police" or anybody else - for some reason (but this would only mangle the potential lead (is it the right word - "lead"?) IMO).

2) I would like to know how or why the photographer decided to share the pictures publicly without any authorization or without considering the consequences.

3) How or why did everyone including the above mentioned photographer had allowed to enter the house, if police was already there. As I am waiting over a week already for the "tourist police" to unlock the doors (with my official confirmation that I have sent to them multiple times and tried to reach them on their "emergency hotline" in Sihanoukville where nobody apparently speaks English).

4) Less important for me but, if it's private photographer and has a hobby of taking such pictures.... just why?

I have no intention to "order" anybody there - enough deaths for this area...

So yes, If you are reading this post - I mean no harm to you, so please find me until I find you. My contact details are visible to everyone.
For details contact:
GEORGE KARTVELISHVILI
[email protected]

Country of Georgia:
+995 595 390 756 (RU).
+995 599 234 100 (RU).

Speak English/Russian.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Thanks for clearing that up.

If you could get a translator to help you, you could contact the local Khmer news outlets (Dap News, CEN, DAP News, off the top of my head) and I'm guessing they might help. Your offers of cash could seriously be useful in that case. Best of luck, George.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

GEORGE.K wrote:...

2) I would like to know how or why the photographer decided to share the pictures publicly without any authorization or without considering the consequences.

3) How or why did everyone including the above mentioned photographer had allowed to enter the house, if police was already there. As I am waiting over a week already for the "tourist police" to unlock the doors (with my official confirmation that I have sent to them multiple times and tried to reach them on their "emergency hotline" in Sihanoukville where nobody apparently speaks English).

4) Less important for me but, if it's private photographer and has a hobby of taking such pictures.... just why?..
All SOP in Cambodia, they do it in virtually all situations that involve murder or accidental or unusual death, especially to foreigners. It used to be and still is to some point put on newspaper frontpages and always on their websites. And Khmer facebook is filled with gruesome photos of death and accidents in Cambodia. If the Cambodian journos aren't there to take the photos, police and locals take these shots and sell them to the newspapers. If a foreigner meets an untimely death in Cambodia, it is almost assured that photos of his/her dead body will show up in the newspapers. It's always been that way here.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Yep. Just open any khmer newspaper (or their respective websites) and you'll see pictures of dead people: motorcycle accidents, murders, suicides etc. No one singled her out, they just have a fascination for death which might seem strange to Europeans.

The one thing I will say though, is that posting pictures like that on English language forums makes them searchable to family members back home, who otherwise would have a lot of trouble finding them. That can be both good and bad depending on the case.

However, what I find really strange is that family members saw those pictures before they had heard any news of her death... What were they doing, just randomly searching their daughter's name? Who does that unless they hear something has happened..? You could always offer money for them to remove the pictures, but the cat is out of the bag. Her family have seen it, and the pictures have likely been shared on khmer Facebooks already.

Anyways, a sad event indeed and I hope your search brings you closure. RIP.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
GEORGE.K
Tourist
Georgia

Post by GEORGE.K »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: However, what I find really strange is that family members saw those pictures before they had heard any news of her death... What were they doing, just randomly searching their daughter's name? Who does that unless they hear something has happened..? You could always offer money for them to remove the pictures, but the cat is out of the bag. Her family have seen it, and the pictures have likely been shared on khmer Facebooks already.

Anyways, a sad event indeed and I hope your search brings you closure. RIP.
There are at least two different scenarios:

1) I personally asked not to tell anything to her mother until I would arrive. But she already felt something wrong (instinct? I don't know...) and typed her name + news Cambodia after several days of trying to contact us there.

2) I was also advised by friends not to see the mentioned "news" with pictures - but my prefrontal cortex did it's job, so I saw everything + what has been sent over via post for local paramedics.
For details contact:
GEORGE KARTVELISHVILI
[email protected]

Country of Georgia:
+995 595 390 756 (RU).
+995 599 234 100 (RU).

Speak English/Russian.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic