Two Drunks Hit for Compensation After Hitting Okhna's Rolls Royce

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Two Drunks Hit for Compensation After Hitting Okhna's Rolls Royce

Post by Duncan »

Brody wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:03 pm Here's tubby's bill. $141,500.00

That's just for the parts. What about the labour and paint
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

So there moto,if a honda dream might just pay for a door hinge bottom right..................... :dm:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

He could have gotten that prang sorted out on Sok Hok St for $70. 8-)

Seriously though, WTF is up with that bill? The car only appears to have damage to the rear panel. I can't see why the whole side needed to be replaced but maybe there is more damage than we can see. Apparently the guy was shouting at bystanders not to take photos. How the fuck can that damage cost around 1/4 of the cars full price? :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:03 pm Image
He could have gotten that prang sorted out on Sok Hok St for $70. 8-)

Seriously though, WTF is up with that bill? The car only appears to have damage to the rear panel. I can't see why the whole side needed to be replaced but maybe there is more damage than we can see. Apparently the guy was shouting at bystanders not to take photos. How the fuck can that damage cost around 1/4 of the cars full price? :?
Because this car has had three widely covered prangs.

The most recent, which the estimate above is for, is for the camry that smashed the rhs of the roller.

But this is the thread from when it got a few scratches (on lhs) by drunk fuck heads.

So wrong topic and image for this bill.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Brody wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:03 pm Here's tubby's bill. $141,500.00

I read that lard ass had created a Facebook poll to see whether he should make the Camry driver pay. Perhaps he should have got insurance for it :facepalm:

https://khmernote.com.kh/news/72398

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:20 pm The most recent, which the estimate above is for, is for the camry that smashed the rhs of the roller.

But this is the thread from when it got a few scratches (on lhs) by drunk fuck heads.

Well thanks for clearing that up, I didn't even look at the dates. It does look like the recent damage is more extensive but does it really cost that much to repair one? As soon as these started turning up en-masse on the streets here I wondered about what would happen if you inadvertently swiped into one. This guy is going to have to suck it up or he will rapidly become even more unpopular. What would anyone expect driving around the city in the early hours or any other time? If you have a precious motor and no outriders looking out for you you might get swiped.

Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:16 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:20 pm The most recent, which the estimate above is for, is for the camry that smashed the rhs of the roller.

Well thanks for clearing that up, I didn't even look at the dates. It does look like the recent damage is more extensive but does it really cost that much to repair one? As soon as these started turning up en-masse on the streets here I wondered about what would happen if you inadvertently swiped into one. This guy is going to have to suck it up or he will rapidly become even more unpopular. What would anyone expect driving around the city in the early hours or any other time? If you have a precious motor and no outriders looking out for you you might get swiped.

3rd party insurance should be mandatory on cars and bikes.

I'm with the roller owner here. Whatever about prior stuff, he got t boned by a red light runner. What if it was one of us, on a bike, tuk tuk or a less robust vehicle? Whiplash, etc...

Re: the expenses to correctly repair an asset that will appreciate in value, by the RR company; its small change to what the car may be worth in 40 or 50 years.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

He certainly likes the Facebook attention, the request for a vote would have an expected result. He is also the most liked comment under Trump's comment about Cambodia
"We are a small country with the big heart especially in charity Mission. Thank you Mr president on behalf of CAMBODIA peoples we appreciate your status"
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I agree that morons shouldn't be driving around at 1.30 AM breaking lights and T-boning other vehicles. The bill still seems excessive, maybe someone who knows more about it can chime in. I know a Rolls-Royce door has tons of electronics and walnut veneer etc but do they have to replace the whole thing?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:35 am I agree that morons shouldn't be driving around at 1.30 AM breaking lights and T-boning other vehicles. The bill still seems excessive, maybe someone who knows more about it can chime in. I know a Rolls-Royce door has tons of electronics and walnut veneer etc but do they have to replace the whole thing?

Probably. As an apprentice, I used assess crashed new VW/AUDI vehicles for estimated parts costs. A RR is a whole level above, and if not repaired by the company will lose a whole load of potential future value.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic