If no one remembers your birthday

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
KHCHINATD
Expatriate
China

Re: If no one remembers your birthday

Post by KHCHINATD »

Anyway, thank you.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I'd feel kinda bad if my parents when i was in my 20's ,my brother & sister and my daughter now
forgot my birthday
but outside of that, its just a day.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Bluelabel wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:51 am
KHCHINATD wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:10 am March 4th is my birthday.

However, no one remembers.

Feeling that I am living too failed.

I am 25 years old and currently only want to make more money, so that my father can live better.
Many cambodias forget or dont actually know there own real birthday / age.

Last Sunday the mother of my girls decided to have a birthday party for herself. Why ? Because she said it was her birthday. I had already shown the oldest girl her mothers passport which shows her birth date as 3 April 1974 but her mother was determined to have her birthday party as she had already invited her friends and bought the food. You cannot lose face and admit you are wrong so the story she tells is her passport is wrong,,, her birth certificate is wrong,,, her ID card is wrong,,,, her Family book is wrong. I didn't want to ask her how old she is cause she had already told her kids she is 40.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jcml19 »

Duncan wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:01 am
Bluelabel wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:51 am
KHCHINATD wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:10 am March 4th is my birthday.

However, no one remembers.

Feeling that I am living too failed.

I am 25 years old and currently only want to make more money, so that my father can live better.
Many cambodias forget or dont actually know there own real birthday / age.

Last Sunday the mother of my girls decided to have a birthday party for herself. Why ? Because she said it was her birthday. I had already shown the oldest girl her mothers passport which shows her birth date as 3 April 1974 but her mother was determined to have her birthday party as she had already invited her friends and bought the food. You cannot lose face and admit you are wrong so the story she tells is her passport is wrong,,, her birth certificate is wrong,,, her ID card is wrong,,,, her Family book is wrong. I didn't want to ask her how old she is cause she had already told her kids she is 40.

Hahaha... Dont argue with the mother... Just nod and say, "happy birthday".. the doghouse is never beuno :bow:
Paulo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Paulo »

When Cambodians invite you to their party, they send an invoice not an invitation.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Happy Birthday.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

KHCHINATD wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:01 am
John Bingham wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:55 am Don't worry about it. Birthdays are for kids. I rarely even mention my birthday to anyone, because who cares? Look after yourself, and do what you can for your father.
Live, Just because of this responsibility. Support the elderly
I like your attitude, its an honorable one. But don't forget to live for yourself as well.
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
KHCHINATD
Expatriate
China

Post by KHCHINATD »

DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:50 pm
John Bingham wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:55 am Don't worry about it. Birthdays are for kids. I rarely even mention my birthday to anyone, because who cares? Look after yourself, and do what you can for your father.
I like your attitude, its an honorable one. But don't forget to live for yourself as well.
In China

I'm an only child of the first generation

Before I was born, national laws did not provide for birth restrictions.

And our generation is precisely the generation that knows what they want and what they are doing.

The former people just studied according to their parents' plans, got married, had children, and didn't even know why.

However, the only child, raising the elderly, so I am under a lot of pressure.
KHCHINATD
Expatriate
China

Post by KHCHINATD »

DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:50 pm
At the same time, I want to pursue my favorite life, or my favorite hobby, do you know? It is extravagant and out of reach.
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

I understand. However, never say it's out of reach or that you can't do it or make other negative assumptions for your life and future. No one knows what the future brings. I think if you believe in yourself then you can reach your goals. Step by step you can do anything. Don't believe what I am saying just believe in yourself.
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic