Cambodia Begins General Population Census 2019

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Re: Cambodia Begins General Population Census 2019

Post by siliconlife »

A woman came and put a sticker outside my door while I wasn't at home. She just talked to my landlord. I wonder what the letters and numbers in the two boxes mean.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:15 pm Was a bit surprised they use the census to keep track of the number motorcycles, fridges and cars though.....
Motos and cars - road infrastructure planning (yeah, that'll happen)
Fridges- EDC load planning (more likely to happen)

I wonder what well-meaning country wrote the census questions for them.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

kaputt wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:42 pm Yeah, nothing to worry about :-) . They need this info to plan the needs of electricity, water, roads, food, medical facilities etc. Of course they also want to know which foreigners live here and in what position. Like Retired or Business or Scumbag.
Didn't ask anything about work, retired or visa but could probably see I am borderline scumbag
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Arget wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:44 pm
kaputt wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:42 pm Yeah, nothing to worry about :-) . They need this info to plan the needs of electricity, water, roads, food, medical facilities etc. Of course they also want to know which foreigners live here and in what position. Like Retired or Business or Scumbag.
Didn't ask anything about work, retired or visa but could probably see I am borderline scumbag

Well it will show up in two hundred years time when your great grandchildren are searching for information about their ancestors.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

they came to my house the other day in Kpot - I declined to answer as I am not Khmer but they were doing well to find me here. Some of my builders scarpered for a few hours as they are Viet lol
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Had them call around the appartements the other day with their form filling.
Then the following morning the police knocked me up out of my humble sleep. Now reading this I know what it was all about. I ended up showing the officer a residence of stay. He took a photo and left.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

They did my building while I was out one day. My neighbours have stickers next to their doors but not mine. That's fine by me.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:53 pm They did my building while I was out one day. My neighbours have stickers next to their doors but not mine. That's fine by me.
What do the stickers look like? I pulled a laminated thing with numbers on it off the gate post earlier, I thought it was just some stupid shit offering loans or something.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:24 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:53 pm They did my building while I was out one day. My neighbours have stickers next to their doors but not mine. That's fine by me.
What do the stickers look like? I pulled a laminated thing with numbers on it off the gate post earlier, I thought it was just some stupid shit offering loans or something.
About 2" x 1" with some handwritten details on it.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News(Phnom Penh: Some of the general population census results of the Kingdom of Cambodia were released by the Ministry of Interior on the morning of August 7, 2019 :

As of March 3, 2019, the total population was 15,288,489. There were 7,418,577 males and 7,869,912 females.

According to the figures, the national population is likely to grow at a slower rate due to birth rates, and population growth has slowed in line with expectations. Annual population growth rate decreased from 1.5% between 1998 and 2008 to 1.2% between 2008 and 2019. Cambodia's annual growth rate over the last decade remains marginally higher than the average growth rate in Southeast Asia of just 1 per cent.

The province with the highest population is Phnom Penh with 2,129,371, while Kep has the lowest population. The average household size is 4.6 nationally.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic