American DANNY LEE POPE Arrested for Engaging in Child Sex Prostitution in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

American DANNY LEE POPE Arrested for Engaging in Child Sex Prostitution in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: A US national, Danny Pope, was arrested on charges of having sex with children on the evening of 2 March 2019, at Srey Neang massage parlor on St 871, Sangkat Kakap 2, Khan Por SenChey, Phnom Penh.
The 59-year-old American man born on June 28, 1959, identified as DANNY LEE POPE from Statesville, North Carolina, was arrested on charges of sex with child prostitutes at the massage parlor. Prior to the detention of the foreign suspect, the specialized police force of the Anti-Human Trafficking and Minor Protection Office carried out investigations from March 1, 2019, until the evening of March 2, before raiding the Srey Nang massage parlor and apprehending the suspect.

Following the raid, five young girls were delivered into the care of the Phnom Penh Social Affairs Office by the police. 3 of the girls were minors.

Video of Danny Pope's arrest in Cambodia:

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Re: American, DANNY LEE POPE, Detained for Engaging in Child Sex Prostitution, in Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post by Cambo Dear »

Could he look more like a pedo you if he tried? Mullet. Check. Fanny pack. Check. Beer belly matched with scrawny legs. Check. Thick-rimmed spectacles. Check. Sweaty bitch tits. Check. Horrendous checked lumberjack shirt. Check.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: American, DANNY LEE POPE, Detained for Engaging in Child Sex Prostitution, in Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

The guy looks guilty.
So did the cops and the ngo know there were underage girls there before buddy showed up? Did they just luckily kick the door in and catch him?
Don t get me wrong if he is guilty he is a piece of shit, but I can t help but wonder how he came to there attention and if the fact he is barang make the arrest that much better. Again I don t care if he was set up or whatever if he is a diddler, he deserves to be hung by his balls
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: American DANNY LEE POPE Arrested for Engaging in Child Sex Prostitution in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Arget »

I had a massage by a girl of indeterminate age a couple of months ago on a back street. She offered a discount service but I refused the kind offer. (I had a very bad back that was spasoming )

When I walked out i noticed lack of staff in the entrance area where they were all hanging around when I went in.

He could have been set up but if you get offered something that looks young then you get what you deserve if you play with it.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Cambo Dear wrote:Could he look more like a pedo you if he tried? Mullet. Check. Fanny pack. Check. Beer belly matched with scrawny legs. Check. Thick-rimmed spectacles. Check. Sweaty bitch tits. Check. Horrendous checked lumberjack shirt. Check.
They are called 'MOOBS.'
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: American DANNY LEE POPE Arrested for Engaging in Child Sex Prostitution in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Arget wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:56 pm I had a massage by a girl of indeterminate age a couple of months ago on a back street. She offered a discount service but I refused the kind offer. (I had a very bad back that was spasoming )

When I walked out i noticed lack of staff in the entrance area where they were all hanging around when I went in.

He could have been set up but if you get offered something that looks young then you get what you deserve if you play with it.
Danny Lee Pope also admits in the video to giving one of the underage girls $100 for "food," so that definitely sounds a bit odd if you ask me.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Arget wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:56 pm He could have been set up
He could have been teleported there by aliens who created him as a social experiment to see if you were smart enough to figure it out but it's not very likely so perhaps we should just accept it as it is reported instead of making things up but what the hell do I know.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

He's a John and this looks very bad. But where's the news of the pimp being arrested? Surely, that's even worse?
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Danny Pope (going by Lee Pope on Facebook) was arrested right across from The Rising Sun and FCC on Phnom Penh's Riverside, and there's another foreigner in the pics. Not sure if he's just a rubber necker or if he was involved in his arrest.

ImageImage

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:14 pm there's another foreigner in the pics. Not sure if he's just a rubber necker or if he was involved in his arrest.
It's not Morrish, is it?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic