American DANNY LEE POPE Arrested for Engaging in Child Sex Prostitution in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American DANNY LEE POPE Arrested for Engaging in Child Sex Prostitution in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Danny Pope Arrested After Giving Underage Girl Money At Child Sex Brothel
By Amethyst Tate
03/04/19 AT 4:03 PM
A North Carolina resident was arrested on Monday in Cambodia after officials deemed he was engaging in illegal activity with underage children at a child sex brothel. Danny Pope was caught in the capital city Phnom Penh when the brothel was raided on Saturday. He was in a private room.

Both Pope and the brothel had been monitored for a couple of days prior to the raid. The 59-year-old told officials he only gave one of the five prostitutes taken into custody, three of whom were minors, money “for food and clothes.” He gave one of the girls $100 a month.

Via the Daily Mail, a spokesman for the Anti-Human Trafficking and Minor Protection Office said in a statement that Pope was facing charges of “rape, aggravating circumstances and soliciting child prostitution.”

Sex tourism is a major industry in Cambodia. By one estimate, a quarter of all the foreign visitors to Cambodia in the early 2000s were sex tourists. A 2017 report from ABC News called the country a "sordid world where sex is the hot commodity and children are still used as currency."
https://www.ibtimes.com/danny-pope-arre ... el-2771216
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Re: American DANNY LEE POPE Arrested for Engaging in Child Sex Prostitution in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Joker Poker »

For days I've been thinking I know this guy's face. Just now I read the Daily Mail article and it all came back to me because of this photo:

He used to sit along the river in front of FCC, with that ankle biting dog in the photo. One day the fucking dog attacked me trying to bite my feet and he pulled it away before I stomped it or kicked it. I had bells ringing from this photo (below), but couldn't join the dots till I saw the dog in the top picture.

So this fucking creep has been living in PP for years.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Ricky Dunn wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:27 pm No doubt he was set up
RickyBobby wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:37 pm If that girl was underage and the cops raided the place, I wonder if they would have arrested you? Wouldn't look good.
Our residential expert on pedo matters here has NO DOUBT!

Look at these little kids. Normal people don't worry about being caught in a room naked with them because normal people don't get naked in a room with them.

Those who worry about "being set up" and think this sort of shit happens to people accidentally. Get your heads checked! No shit it "doesnt look good". Don't rape little kids and you got no look to worry about.

RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:50 am Danny Pope Arrested After Giving Underage Girl Money At Child Sex Brothel
By Amethyst Tate
03/04/19 AT 4:03 PM
Sex tourism is a major industry in Cambodia. By one estimate, a quarter of all the foreign visitors to Cambodia in the early 2000s were sex tourists. A 2017 report from ABC News called the country a "sordid world where sex is the hot commodity and children are still used as currency."
It seems to me that this sentiment is born out of old news and that old reputation continues to surface. In your opinion, do you all think this is true? I kind of brace when I read it, because I know I am suspect (and profiled) for just visiting this country, and people in the west can only form their opinion from these kinds of news reports.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

RickyBobby wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:40 am I am suspect
I agree and your posts where you worry about being caught is creeping me the hell out.

I'm in Cambodia too. No, that's not why you're creepy.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

All we know

It doesnt say

Blah blah blah

Look. The article says they surveilled him for 2 days. Do they need to publish photos of him raping the kids before you accept it as reported?

There is no doubt at all on my mind what he was doing in the brothel and honestly how many people in the room blah blah you know the stuff you're on about, is not really something I worry about.

Normal people don't have this problem. The guy was caught in a kiddy brothel, what more do you want.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

You're posting on a thread about an arrested pedophile saying you're suspected of sex tourism when entering yihr country as if it's the same or even close. No idea why you bring it up if you don't even find it relevant to pedophilia.

It's a hard conversation because every time we have it there is the usual fool who says things like: OBVIOUSLY it's a setup.

Personally I think it's odd and it would never occur to me to defend someone accused of this sort of thing unless I actually know something about it, which these clueless morons yelling "setup" don't.
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

Ricky Bobby, the guy lived around Riverside. Why did he need to travel to the ass hole of PP for a $2 massage when there are plenty of places close by? No need to answer as I think it's pretty obvious.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

RogueAnt wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:34 am Ricky Bobby, the guy lived around Riverside. Why did he need to travel to the ass hole of PP for a $2 massage when there are plenty of places close by? No need to answer as I think it's pretty obvious.
Again, and this is probably the 5th time I have said it. I think he's guilty as Fuck. I am not from Phnom Penh, and have never lived there. I do not know the nuances of neighborhoods.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Ricky Dunn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ricky Dunn »

fax wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:31 am You're posting on a thread about an arrested pedophile saying you're suspected of sex tourism when entering yihr country as if it's the same or even close. No idea why you bring it up if you don't even find it relevant to pedophilia.

It's a hard conversation because every time we have it there is the usual fool who says things like: OBVIOUSLY it's a setup.

Personally I think it's odd and it would never occur to me to defend someone accused of this sort of thing unless I actually know something about it, which these clueless morons yelling "setup" don't.
You dumbass know-it-all, you have no clue how law enforcement works, this is the 'Arrest Pushers or Users Argument' - LOL, you are not your avatar like you're some kind of intellectual typing out your grand opinions.....you are a joke.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic