Invest in properties to rent for expat - Vietnam vs Cambodia

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
jujuvietnam
Tourist
France

Invest in properties to rent for expat - Vietnam vs Cambodia

Post by jujuvietnam »

Hi guys,

For a few years, there is a booming of new building in the main cities : Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville, ... As an expat working between Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia, I would like to try a first project of buying in a Condominium to rent to expat or tourists.

As I am a beginner in this field, I wanted some feedback if any of the members here already invest in SEA : Bangkok, Saigon or Phnom Penh. I found that Vietnam seems to have not booming yet in the Condo constructions so maybe the market will stay less volatile there ?

My concert is buying an apartment +150k$, renting out for 10 years ... then what's gonna be it's value after !

Any share will be appreciate :)

Cheers

Julien
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Invest in properties to rent for expat - Vietnam vs Cambodia

Post by Duncan »

Here is some advice given to me many years ago by a
expert in the business.

Owning and renting a property for private accommodation is for beginners and amateurs.
Commercial property is for the experienced and profesionals . Where do you want to be.

Just think about it. In private accommodation you pay for everything to be renovated and because of the abundance of supply the return is lower.
In commercial property the Tennant usually occupies
a empty building and fits it out to suit his type of business and your returns are higher with a longer contract included, some times for 5 or 10 years and more.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic