FORMER USA COP WANTS TO TALK...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: FORMER USA COP WANTS TO TALK...

Post by angkorjohn2 »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:19 pm In what way are they torturing you every night?
they've set up a wedding tent next door :beer3:
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Here's a start:

Persecutory delusions: a cognitive perspective on understanding and treatment. Lancet Psychiatry. 2016 Jul;3(7):685-92. doi: 10.1016/S2215-0366(16)00066-3.

A spectrum of severity of paranoia (unfounded thoughts that others are deliberately intending to cause harm) exists within the general population. This is unsurprising: deciding whether to trust or mistrust is a vital aspect of human cognition, but accurate judgment of others' intentions is challenging. The severest form of paranoia is persecutory delusions, when the ideas are held with strong conviction. This paper presents a distillation of a cognitive approach that is being translated into treatment for this major psychiatric problem. Persecutory delusions are viewed as threat beliefs, developed in the context of genetic and environmental risk, and maintained by several psychological processes including excessive worry, low self-confidence, intolerance of anxious affect and other internal anomalous experiences, reasoning biases, and the use of safety-seeking strategies. The clinical implication is that safety has to be relearned, by entering feared situations after reduction of the influence of the maintenance factors. An exciting area of development will be a clinical intervention science of how best to enhance learning of safety to counteract paranoia.

Advances in understanding and treating persecutory delusions: a reviewDaniel Freeman and Philippa Garety Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 2014; 49(8): 1179–1189.

Persecutory delusions are a central psychotic experience, at the severe end of a paranoia spectrum in the general population. The aim of the review is to provide an introduction to the understanding of persecutory delusions, highlight key putative causal factors that have the potential to be translated into efficacious treatment, and indicate future research directions.

Results
Six main proximal causal factors are identified: a worry thinking style, negative beliefs about the self, interpersonal sensitivity, sleep disturbance, anomalous internal experience, and reasoning biases. Each has plausible mechanistic links to the occurrence of paranoia. These causal factors may be influenced by a number of social circumstances, including adverse events, illicit drug use, and urban environments.

Conclusions
There have been numerous replicated empirical findings leading to a significant advance in the understanding of persecutory delusions, now beginning to be translated into cognitive treatments. The first trials specifically focussed on patients who have persecutory delusions in the context of psychotic diagnoses are occurring. Initial evidence of efficacy is very promising.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

IraHayes wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:31 pm
FREDY321 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:16 am
I want to start a discussion about something

I want to talk.

I am guessing many of you know where I am going with this.

Lets start a talk.
the last thing you would do is post on a forum populated by bored malcontents and gossip mongers.
It's pretty clear what the OP is seeking and why he is here..no?

I think you have sold poor CEO members short with your description. They are fine and worthy citizens that have the uncanny ability to separate the wheat from the chaff/see the forest from the trees, separate an illogical story into its component bits, put them under a microscope, splice and dice if necessary, analyse to death and reassemble to reach a well informed robust conclusion that is beyond rapproach.

:wave: :salut:
joelightcloud
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by joelightcloud »

FREDY321 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:16 am I love Cambodia. The best thing they could do is kick out all the Americans.
Captain wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:13 am why is it best to kick all Americans out of Cambodia?
Just most of them... When I was still a novice here I thought the same way, after-all the war they lost in Vietnam resulted in thousands of deaths in Cambodia, contributed to the rise of the Khmer Rouge, not to mention the "secret bombings" However, over time you will come to find that many American's aren't that proud to be associated with their country. I'm all for kicking out the Christians though who are planting their nonsense in to the minds of Buddhists. I will say that the majority of American's behave much better in their own country than they do when travelling, a sort of self entitled attitude. And the women, well, they are mostly loud and fat.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Can’t wait for GM to get on Wi-Fi in Niue and tackle this one. Meantime this taxi driver also wants to talk.

Image < < < [Mod edit: that's not working. Fixed below :thumb: ]

Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

I just wish they would stop tuning Radio Free Asia to my fillings.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Captain wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:13 am
why is it best to kick all Americans out of Cambodia?
to make room for more PRCs
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

well since his first post and telling us, he wants to talk.
wheres the talk???
is it any wonder first timers are not treated nicely?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

An awful lot of cynicism here, and seems perhaps some peripheral awareness to something that is over my head. Why cannot the op be taken at face value and constructive questions be asked so that civil discourse can be had?

It seems a bit of a sorry tale, if anything is to be made of it. Either its true, or the OP is delusional. Either way that's nothing to make fun of a person for.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

RickyBobby wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:28 am An awful lot of cynicism here, and seems perhaps some peripheral awareness to something that is over my head. Why cannot the op be taken at face value and constructive questions be asked so that civil discourse can be had?

It seems a bit of a sorry tale, if anything is to be made of it. Either its true, or the OP is delusional. Either way that's nothing to make fun of a person for.
Probably because they made a statement but have just left it hanging...... even you have nor received an answer.

"Re: FORMER USA COP WANTS TO TALK...
Post by RickyBobby » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:51 am

Do you only wish to engage people that know what you're talking about, or would you care to tell us that have no clue some more details?

With so many socks and trolling on here, unless you explain and give some context to statements like theirs then it will be treated with disdain.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic