Shocking moment police catch Austrian skier doping with needle in his arm

Title says it all really...
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Shocking moment police catch Austrian skier doping with needle in his arm

Post by Sidewalker »

There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Shocking moment police catch Austrian skier doping with needle in his arm

Post by John Bingham »

Looks like he's donating blood or getting a transfusion, what's up with that?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:24 pm Looks like he's donating blood or getting a transfusion, what's up with that?
It's blood doping.
See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_doping
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Transfusions of fresh blood to mask the drugs.
Changing your blood also make you young and fresh according to Keith Richard. A lot of clinics in Switzerland do it for the well-heeled. A bit vampirish IMO.
UTDTID
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by UTDTID »

Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:32 pm Transfusions of fresh blood to mask the drugs.
Changing your blood also make you young and fresh according to Keith Richard. A lot of clinics in Switzerland do it for the well-heeled. A bit vampirish IMO.
Blood transfusion increases the red blood count, gets more oxygen into the muscles and prevents lactic acid build up. Zatopek won 3 Gold's 5k,10k and marathon and had blood transfusion before all 3 events, it wasn't illegal then. It's also a good masking agent too. I doubt that there is a top Pro cyclist who hasn't had one.
rayjj99
Tourist
Costa Rica

Post by rayjj99 »

Why do people get in a messy froth about doping? I've watched sport for over 40 years and ever since I was a teenager I knew that a proportion of competitors in EVERY SINGLE SPORT were doping.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

UTDTID wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:42 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:32 pm Transfusions of fresh blood to mask the drugs.
Blood transfusion increases the red blood count, gets more oxygen into the muscles and prevents lactic acid build up. Zatopek won 3 Gold's 5k,10k and marathon and had blood transfusion before all 3 events, it wasn't illegal then. It's also a good masking agent too. I doubt that there is a top Pro cyclist who hasn't had one.
Yeah the evil cyclists. Good job by the mainstream media, now every simple person believes there is more doping in cycling as in other sports - hilarious.
UTDTID
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by UTDTID »

King Keil wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:29 pm
UTDTID wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:42 pm
Yeah the evil cyclists. Good job by the mainstream media, now every simple person believes there is more doping in cycling as in other sports - hilarious.
Doping is pretty much in all sports, athletics and cycling are shoking, especially in the Armstrong era. Cycling was the worst the EPO era. Even now team Sky are shady as fuck. Boxing its rife as well as m.m.a. I take it your a cycling fan if so you know the 90/00,s. They was the worst offenders.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic