German Expat MATTHIAS MEBES in Altercation After Receiving Bill at Mr Butterfly Bar in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: German Expat MATTHIAS MEBES in Altercation After Receiving Bill at Mr Butterfly Bar in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I'd believe many things reported about that trio of bars.

I'd give him benefit of doubt here.

Seems entirely plausible.

The last time I was in Mr Butterfly the toilets had overflowed, but no staff gave a fuck.

Myself and my mate were standing at the door from the bar to the toilet pissing into the flooded chamber from outside.

A classy joint.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Re: German Expat MATTHIAS MEBES in Altercation After Receiving Bill at Mr Butterfly Bar in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Multipox »

There should be a guide to the ripoff places

It could be distributed to every expat.

mmm, what would the distribution channel be.

German speakers might not normally read this site before coming to KOW.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Just order your drink and pay for it immediately one at a time don't let them run a tab for you
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Multipox wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:23 pm There should be a guide to the ripoff places

It could be distributed to every expat
I'm pretty sure 90% of expats will manage quite fine without this.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

beaker wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:02 pm Just order your drink and pay for it immediately one at a time don't let them run a tab for you
That's my practice now at The Wall bar.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Multipox wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:23 pm There should be a guide to the ripoff places

It could be distributed to every expat.

mmm, what would the distribution channel be.

German speakers might not normally read this site before coming to KOW.
Something like this you mean ? :popcorn:
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:08 pm
beaker wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:02 pm Just order your drink and pay for it immediately one at a time don't let them run a tab for you
Did you have some sort of a negative experience there?
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

King Keil wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:32 pm
Cam Nivag wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:08 pm
Did you have some sort of a negative experience there?
It's Cam Nivag. He has negative experiences everywhere.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:54 pm

So that's why you're posting this on a thread about an expat who made the mistake of going into a complete ripoff bar.
There's a joke about intelligence somewhere here.
You think this German was one of the 10%?
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Multipox wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:52 pm
John Bingham wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:54 pm

There's a joke about intelligence somewhere here.
You think this German was one of the 10%?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic