German Expat MATTHIAS MEBES in Altercation After Receiving Bill at Mr Butterfly Bar in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Confusion and Confrontation Over Foreigner's Bar Bill

Post by pczz »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:30 pm
Arget wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:18 pm When I read the title I expected to see a barang all bloodied but somehow he seems to have escaped both the running out on a bar bill and hitting one of the girls ..Would have expected him to cop a flogging from the girls at least and the drivers in the street.

Lucky bloke.
Slapping a woman, the guy is an ass. $400 in compensation, I'll bet a night or two in the monkey house and he'd pay $2000 to get his ass on the next plane home.
What I was told as a kid
You should never hit a woman except in self defence, and then only proportionate to the danger.( never did figure out why it was ok to punch a man though)
You should never hit your mum.
Your dad is not allowed to kill you but your mum can, She gave you life so she can take it away.
things have changed
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Jcml19 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:20 pm
Arget wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:18 pm When I read the title I expected to see a barang all bloodied but somehow he seems to have escaped both the running out on a bar bill and hitting one of the girls ..Would have expected him to cop a flogging from the girls at least and the drivers in the street.

Lucky bloke.
Flogging by bar girls.. hahahhaa.. there goes the manicure :ROFL:
Obviously you have not spent much time around the bars here in Cambodia.

Don't piss off the girls by being a dick or hitting them. They will not warn you , you will just get smashed.
Bob tailcat
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Bob tailcat »

There's another couple of videos elsewhere. :stir:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Video of the altercation outside the bar along with bar staff telling their side of the story in Khmer added to the OP:

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Jeez, looks like he gets kicked in the face.

What's funny is, you can see him in the background chatting with a couple Khmer dudes, whilst the lady is being interviewed.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Confusion and Confrontation Over Bar Bill

Post by BklynBoy »

Cam Nivag wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:21 pm
Brody wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:59 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:49 am slapped the bargirl three times.

Is that Taco Bill?
I don’t think so. To me it doesn’t look enough like him, and Taco Bill would have used a weapon on her.
Thats a friend of mine.. yea.. a real top bloke!!... I spoke w/ him and he said he bought 4 drinks and 3 lady drinks.. or something like that and they came w/ a bill of $65 bucks so he was questioning it etc...and whatever might of gone on with that.. unsure how he questioned it..was drunk etc.. unsure how it escalated.. He is w/ another friend of mine -- he is one of the owners of Secrets on 136...

So basically he says they padded the bill--- Having said all that, I am unsure about the hitting of the girl. I agree, that is crazy and u cant do that shit no matter what..

gna message him in a few and ask about the hitting part.

I told him its stupid considering your disputing the 65.00 bill but now your paying both the 65.00 bill AND $400.00.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

BklynBoy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:49 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:49 am slapped the bargirl three times.

Is that Taco Bill?
I don’t think so. To me it doesn’t look enough like him, and Taco Bill would have used a weapon on her.
Thats a friend of mine.. yea.. a real top bloke!!... I spoke w/ him and he said he bought 4 drinks and 3 lady drinks.. or something like that and they came w/ a bill of $65 bucks so he was questioning it etc...and whatever might of gone on with that.. unsure how he questioned it..was drunk etc.. unsure how it escalated.. He is w/ another friend of mine -- he is one of the owners of Secrets on 136...

So basically he says they padded the bill--- Having said all that, I am unsure about the hitting of the girl. I agree, that is crazy and u cant do that shit no matter what..

I told him its stupid considering your disputing the 65.00 bill but now your paying both the 65.00 bill AND $400.00.
Top bloke or not, you don't lose track of the drinks
or something like that
you had, then walk out on the bill and hit a woman in the process. In Thailand he would have gotten a good smack-down or death by ladyboy high-heeled shoe.
Last edited by hanno on Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

hanno wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:11 am
BklynBoy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:49 am

Is that Taco Bill?

To bloke or not, you don't lose track of the drinks
or something like that
you had, then walk out on the bill and hit a woman in the process. In Thailand he would have gotten a good smack-down or death by ladyboy high-heeled shoe.

I understand what you mean bro...--- its even happened to me... i see the bill and i tried to keep track and then not positive whats what...and then like fuck it.. i might try to dispute ..i think once they took it off..another i just paid it and said fuck it...
but 4 drinks plus 3 lady drinks should not equal anything near 65 bucks... its possible they didnt look at bill until end..also who wants to keep track and look at bill every 10 seconds?? on other hand, this is what you get if u dont keep track of shit.... sucks but your right

He responded when asked about hitting a girl and he said " of course they would say that. No, didn't hit any girl"

I wasn't there to verify any of this and just passing along his info. I have been out with him many times and never seen anything like that-- hitting a girl. I have seen him get "handsy" w/ girls... just touching and shit... to me, thats over the top but it's what he does... NEver seen anything aggressive and he always has money to cover his drinks.. .He has spotted me drinks as well.

I personally believe his bill was padded-- just from knowing and going out with him many times. I can't vouch for hitting but have never seen anything remotely like that
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Unsure at what point he walked out on bill .. but i also agree you can't leave if it hasn't been agreed upon on both parts--- about the bill... that part can be sticky....
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

So, he clams he didn't hit the girl yet agreed to pay $400 compensation? How did this come about?

Was he worried an angry mob of bargirls and ladyboys would beat the shit out of him for something he didn't do?

Was he worried the police would be called over non payment? But then wouldn't you just pay the $65 and leave and save yourself the agro?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic