Apartment

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
jbusick
Tourist
United States of America

Apartment

Post by jbusick »

Hello,
I am planning on moving to Cambodia in August. Are apartments easy to find in Cambodia (someplaces it takes months to finalize a place)? Also: any advice on
finding roommates/ websites etc. Im 28, male, from USA. I don't speak Khmer yet!
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Apartment

Post by Jcml19 »

An apartment can be easily or tough depending on your needs and disposable income. Like everything else on occasion you will need to make compromises.. take a quick pick using the search for home or apartment within this site... Loads of feedback and input from some of the saviest members
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

there is a looking for an apartment guide on here somewhere, if you remind me tomorrow ill try help you find it if you cant find it
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

very first time got apartment, had roommates. Didn't work out. ... Prefer my privacy and do what i want, when i want. I can understand possibly wanting roommates if you have issues socializing etc but not for me. If its an actual friend your coming with, that would be different but meeting someone new can be thorny.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:28 am there is a looking for an apartment guide on here somewhere, if you remind me tomorrow ill try help you find it if you cant find it
It's actually a pinned post in this very section:
housing-for-rent-sale/how-rent-property ... e-t64.html
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

BklynBoy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:37 am very first time got apartment, had roommates. Didn't work out. ... Prefer my privacy and do what i want, when i want. I can understand possibly wanting roommates if you have issues socializing etc but not for me. If its an actual friend your coming with, that would be different but meeting someone new can be thorny.
What could you possibly find thorny about living with drug addicted homosexuals like No Joke Howard and Adrian Bear?
jbusick
Tourist
United States of America

Post by jbusick »

Thanks for the advice! Its harder since never been there before and do not know the area. I am going alone, so not having somebody to help is nerve-wracking but
got to chase my dreams! :) Any good website that lists open apartements? Craigslist? I'm very flexible, easily to live with. Somewhat furnished would be helpful.
How did you guys find your place, your 1st place>?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

jbusick wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:46 am Thanks for the advice! Its harder since never been there before and do not know the area. I am going alone, so not having somebody to help is nerve-wracking but
got to chase my dreams! :) Any good website that lists open apartements? Craigslist? I'm very flexible, easily to live with. Somewhat furnished would be helpful.
How did you guys find your place, your 1st place>?
theres khmer24 and the facebook groups that have apartments advertisments
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jcml19 »

Khmer24 is a good place to start to get a feel of costs and amenities.. you can find a decent place under $200 depending upon yo needs... Its best to reach out to them after u arrive, the transaction itself is really fast
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic