Interested in Baby gear to buy

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Interested in Baby gear to buy

Post by Freightdog »

If You are one of those folks who feels the need to be wanted, and inserts him(her)self in discussions that otherwise are of little concern to them, don’t bother. Move along. Troll elsewhere. Avail yourself of a 75cent glass of ale

For those of you parent types who have left over baby gear gathering dust in a corner, after your plans for colonising Cambodia have slowed down, and are now considering selling some, we may be interested.

Basically, SWMBO is about to visit upon the KoW Freightdog jr. We’ve been collecting together some items over the last few months, but the due date is fast approaching, she’s been shopping for some of the bigger items, and I’m away working for another few weeks.

Now. Me personally, I’ve proposed simply cutting holes in heavy duty bin bags, and using some light rope to just sling junior over my shoulder. This clearly has not been well expressed. Apparently, the Khmer for stony silence and withering looks is actually easily translated into many languages.
My suggestions for slinging a hammock have not yet been mentioned until she attains a more reasonable demeanour.

Therefore, we are hunting for a few things. Like a cot/cradle thingy- she had her mind set on an electric motorised* all swinging-all dancing thing, but the cheeky shop that we had one earmarked went and put the price up.
If you happen to have some items that you’ve been considering chucking on flea bay or whatever alternative exists locally in Phnom Penh, and think we may find useful, let us know.

Send a PM, and I’ll get back to you once I’ve caught up on my meds

*I could always adapt something Tim Tooltime stylee later.
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Interested in Baby gear to buy

Post by John Bingham »

I'll have a look around but I'm not sure I have much useful left from then. What I found when my kid was born was that, besides the ton of stuff my lovely sister had brought me from NYC, including baby-wearers, thermometers, baby manuals etc, I didn't need much else. Unfortunately this didn't prevent a silly spending spree on cots, playpens, and buggies that were expensive as fuck and barely ever used. A cradle is not a bad idea but you should be able to fashion one from a krama and an outboard motor besides wasting hundreds of dollars on it.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

Don't have it anymore but we had one of those electric baby hammocks. We got it for like $30 at Steung Meanchey Thmey if you can't find one elsewhere.

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Don't buy a cot/cradle thingy. We bought a nice one for around $80 -$100, but it never got used. In Cambodia, babies sleep with mum.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Panic over, except for the sudden and inexplicable hole in my bank account.
Back to thinking about baby names

Threaddrift alert.
Having heard about pregnant woman cravings*, I had mentally braved myself for some weirdness. This lasted all of 10microseconds when it dawned on me that given her penchant for weird stuff to eat, I’d hardly know if there was a craving at all.

*first time dad.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Freightdog wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:01 pm Panic over, except for the sudden and inexplicable hole in my bank account.
Back to thinking about baby names

Threaddrift alert.
Having heard about pregnant woman cravings*, I had mentally braved myself for some weirdness. This lasted all of 10microseconds when it dawned on me that given her penchant for weird stuff to eat, I’d hardly know if there was a craving at all.

*first time dad.
You're making me all cluckky . I had to buy, borrow and steal all four kids in my family and now that the oldest is 7,, I wouldn't mind adding a new baby . I've lost the recipe for making my own so have been looking in Lucky and Bayon supermarkets and there is nothing available on the ''baby '' shelves . Any suggestions ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

4; and you’re contemplating another?

We have 2, with one more to arrive in the next few weeks. I’m practising on the first two in the hope I might get it right, but given that I’ve spent 52 years avoiding growing up properly, I think there may be a flaw in plan*...

*who am I kidding? What plan?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic