100 Year Old British Woman Passes Away in Kampot Rented House

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Re: 100 Year Old British Woman Passes Away in Kampot Rented House

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

RIP old lady.
Now as I said on an earlier thread if statistics were well kept as they used to be we would see a huge increase in expat life expectancy and this old lady death would definitely add a couple of years to the stats on its own.
Not that I care since living in SHK makes me an immortal statistically speaking.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

‎Karen Simon Reed‎ to Kampot Noticeboard
6 mins ·
The city of Kampot lost a special treasure that many of you did not even know you had. Mrs. Barbara Nettleship died yesterday. She was 100 years old. She has lived in Kampot since 2011 and I considered her a good friend and a great inspiration to my nursing career. She was a retired Registered Nurse and worked in a London Hospital during the Blitz of WW2 and was instrumental in advancing England's Hospice care system after she was retired. Her work was recognized by Queen Elizabeth. One of my favorite memories of Barbara is taking her to RK2 to watch Formula 1 racing. Yes, she ADORED F1 racing. Here this elderly lady would come in with her walker, giving a shout, "COME ON HAMILTON! THAT'S OUR MAN!" She would enjoy a slice of pizza and a beer mixed with some lemonade. Her eyes would sparkle watching the people around her and she so enjoyed the rare occasion of getting out when Lee and I were in town. She would tell me, "Karen, I do not know why I am still here but oooo the angels have something for me to do!" Well- my darling Barbara- the angels have finally called you home where I am sure you will find a great deal more to do and Hamilton will now have a very special guardian angel riding along side him this Formula 1 Season. With love- Karen
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Are there any documentaries or stories on her life that she has told. You can't tell me that here is nothing in her 100 years of life that there is nothing that was exciting or worthwhile remembering. I would have loved to sit down with her and listen to some of her stories.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic