how to avoid becoming cynical and bitter in PP

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: how to avoid becoming cynical and bitter in PP

Post by explorer »

frank lee bent wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:57 pm Maybe do some volunteer work
If you do anything to benefit other people, your thought process will be about the positive things you can do, not the negative things you see around you.

When you genuinely help other people, you can change their lives. They will really appreciate you, and be your best friend for the rest of your life.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I was cynical and bitter long before I came here. This place is like a breath of fresh air to me. No need for the constant gloomy stuff.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jcml19 »

You make the most of your own experiences.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Its good to have a purpose. I think without that, its too easy to get lost as it were, and perhaps a bit depressed. Do you suffer depression at all?

I would go someplace that makes you happy. Why are you in PP in the first place? Are you happier back home wherever that is? Are life circumstances dictating your expat status? Do you have limited choices or resources? These elements could all contribute to being cynical and bitter.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

RickyBobby wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:36 am Its good to have a purpose. I think without that, its too easy to get lost as it were, and perhaps a bit depressed. Do you suffer depression at all?
Like finding God? :whip: O:-)

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I think a cynical and bitter cnut will be a cynical and bitter cnut anywhere.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:08 am
RickyBobby wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:36 am Its good to have a purpose. I think without that, its too easy to get lost as it were, and perhaps a bit depressed. Do you suffer depression at all?

Finding God is not having purpose, however in doing so, you may find purpose, but not necessarily.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

The best way to avoid becoming depressed and cynical in Phnom Penh is to move to Shanghaiville.
There you can become fully desolated and suicidal and Phnom Penh will appear to be a luxurious chinese free zone
God
Omnipotent
Cambodia

Post by God »

Just use the search button to find him.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

God wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:55 pm

Just use the search button to find him.
When i try that it always comes up with General Mackevili :bow:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic