Gibbons roaming around Phnom Penh

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Gibbons roaming around Phnom Penh

Post by Ravensnest » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:35 pm

John Bingham wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:38 am
Ravensnest wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:51 am

I don't understand how the owner lets them roam loose like that. I'd worry about them too. they use the power lines as a highway and in my mind, they must be playing Russian roulette unknowingly. surely those wires must claim one at some point.

Most of those lines are just telecom/ cable TV/ ISP connections or just redundant. The power lines are usually double insulated unless you are too close to a transformer.
that makes sense since the way they are heavily stacked on top of each other a fire doesn't break out.

My buddy moved to a new apartment just a few days ago. He's on the corner of 136 and Sisowath Quay. Yesterday we found out he will be visited frequently by a troop of macaques because of a water source upon his neighbor's roof.
one younger male was barring his teeth at my friend in a different video.
The KoW, where you get tired of asking "Why in the hell....?" Also, Looking for opium paraphernalia.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Gibbons roaming around Phnom Penh

Post by SternAAlbifrons » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:49 pm

LOL
A gang of macaques is a very different kettle of fish to a pair of gibbons.
Getting friendly with these guys is about as smart as trying to cosy up to the local Nigerians.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic