Cambodian Okhna Assists Destitute American Yachtsman

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: Cambodian Okhna Assists Destitute French Yachtsman

Post by RickyBobby »

I watched the video. That man seems to have lived the dream for a while, and his wife seems also very caring and loves him a lot. I don't quite get why the Okhnya felt the need to almost do a professional documentary on the story, but it is still nice of him to help them for sure.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

RickyBobby wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:56 pm I don't quite get why the Okhnya felt the need to almost do a professional documentary on the story, but it is still nice of him to help them for sure.
What's the point of helping someone if you're not going to film it and put it on Facebook?
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

RickyBobby wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:56 pm I watched the video. That man seems to have lived the dream for a while, and his wife seems also very caring and loves him a lot. I don't quite get why the Okhnya felt the need to almost do a professional documentary on the story, but it is still nice of him to help them for sure.
He is a public person you see alot in The feeds doing good work for animal life etc so its not strange for some one who already document all his good deeds to do it this time as well.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

RickyBobby wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:56 pm I don't quite get why the Okhnya felt the need to almost do a professional documentary on the story, but it is still nice of him to help them for sure.

Because a lot of people are extremely vain these days

If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

"Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven."

~Deuteronomy 15:7-11 KJV
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Captain Bonez wrote:

Because a lot of people are extremely vain these days

I was at a funeral last week in the far reaches of Kampong Cham, and two local CPP droogs stopped in, in two separate convoys, for a whistlestop meet and greet / prayer offerings.

The first demanded the chanting be turned down, so he could stand in the middle of the funeral and have a 20 minute loud private phone conversation while a bunch of teenagers that arrived with him stood around awkwardly.

After the call, the teenage entourage transformed into his social media team and filmed and snapped away while he gave a speech, part eulogy, mostly political, slung a hundred the family, then jumped back in his fleet of tundras and sped off.

The next had her own spanking black Alphard, and a leather jacketed driver/cameraman. She interrupted the family doing their achar-instructed last prayers so she could get a short video of herself praying in front of the casket, slung them a hundred and literally ran out of there, presumably to the next photo opportunity.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

People like that need to be lowered into a shredder feet first

If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic