Burger joint...

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Burger joint...

Post by Jcml19 »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:44 am Putting this out there in case it inspires someone to go check out their burgers. All reviews welcome.

Named the Tonle Burger (meaning river in Khmer), Century 9 Inspired Eatery’s signature cheeseburger pays homage to both American and Khmer culture, a concept central to the restaurant’s fusion philosophy.
Hmmm... I'll give it a shot.. but to be honest, tad expensive. Pricing structure is setup for foreigners with money so their expectations will be high. I for one love growing the domestic consumer base.
elite87
Expatriate
Indonesia

Post by elite87 »

Image try this one Carl's Jr
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

I have never ever had a burger from Carl's jr ( or anywhere else) that looked like the picture. For some unknown reason the staff always have to flatten the burgers and make them smaller and unappealing. When I make burgers at home they actually look good, like in the adverts. If I can find some investors I will start a burger joint in PP and call it "Realburgers - just like the picture!"
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

If we are talking decent burger joints. Have a try of "Burger It & More" on St 278 BKK1. (Think it is opposite Club Love) The Khmer owner (Sinath) has been running it a good couple of years now. Great menu, a wide variety of choices. It's closed on Mondays, but open the rest of the week. Good value and pretty decent burgers.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

I'm still trying to find a good burger. I tried Burgershack the other week but the patties just tasted like the rat burgers you stupidly buy drunk off your face on st.51 at 2am, so won't return there. BBJ burgers were just awful with the shittest chips ever shat out onto this planet. I've stopped going to supreme because the burgers/meals got smaller and the price went up, no where near as good as it used to be.
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Captain Bonez wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:17 pm I'm still trying to find a good burger. I tried Burgershack the other week but the patties just tasted like the rat burgers you stupidly buy drunk off your face on st.51 at 2am, so won't return there. BBJ burgers were just awful with the shittest chips ever shat out onto this planet. I've stopped going to supreme because the burgers/meals got smaller and the price went up, no where near as good as it used to be.
Please try Burger It then, and give us a review. To be fair, I haven't eaten there since June. But it was good, it was fresh and it was tasty. (I will admit, the fries were pretty ropey, and I said so at the time.)
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

Back in the day (2010ish) Steves Steakhouse was my burger choice. The 6oz cheeseburger was just right, simple & very tasty.

Looks like I gotta try Cousins now.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Lost50 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:42 pm Back in the day (2010ish) Steves Steakhouse was my burger choice. The 6oz cheeseburger was just right, simple & very tasty.

Looks like I gotta try Cousins now.
I came by a new one in BKK1 recently on street 51, Burger Shack, very nice burgers, good range of craft beers if you want to dine in as well, i think they have a place in Kampot as well. Would recommend a visit https://www.facebook.com/BurgershackPP/
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Burgershack do pretty good fast food burgers, or at least the one in Kampot does, couldn't speak for their PP gaff.

But, for me, a burger must be flame grilled, juicy, have high quality cheese, no pork or breadcrumb filling in the meat and fresh salad.

That's not an easy combo to find. Luckily I only eat burgers a few times a year unless I'm traveling.
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

[quote="Jerry Atrick" post_id=363388 time= But, for me, a burger must be flame grilled, juicy, have high quality cheese, no pork or breadcrumb filling in the meat and fresh salad.
[/quote]

I agree but its all about the patty. Take the best patty in the world & slap on the worst cheese & yes its still fulfilment.

Take the worst patty & slap on the best cheese, no its a no.

Weird thing is take the worst patty & the worst cheese & you'll say 'that tasted so bad I'd like another'.

☆ you here means me, them, everyone, you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic