Burger joint...

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Burger joint...

Post by Brody »

The Suk Straggler
BANNED

Post by The Suk Straggler »

Haven't a few new burger places opened in PP recently? Burgershack . . . and others?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

mike's uses the cheapest low quality ingredients possible. have a good look at the burger meat.
Terry Fishsauce
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Terry Fishsauce »

cautious colin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:21 pmMisread that as Wimpy at first somehow. "Now you're talking" I thought!
It's been a long time since I've had a Wimpy but I did like them. Hardly any left in the UK but still big in South Africa apparently.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Jcml19 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:38 pm Last night had a hankering for a nice burger so i decided to check out papa's burger (google location) and it was surprising ok...

Im a big fan of local enterprises trying to create a sustainable long term biz so the choice was easy when compared to burger king...

Burger came with a sesame bun which was nice. Came with a fried egg which i do not believe i ordered but maybe i was just not paying attention. Overall taste was good (would have been better without the egg but thats just my preference)... The fries on the otherhand was bangin!!!!! Mcd style fries with their own seasoning!!!

Fries/chips alone is worth trying... Interesting seasoning imo :ROFL:

Going to try to make some seasoned fries/chips now bc of the inspiration...
I thought I would go and give it a try last night, something different due to not doing the burger scene very often. Mostly because of the disappointment in most aspects of the so called meal. I have, gone past this place on many occasions, and to be very honest I should have done the same last night. But if you don't try, you don't know.
Like you said the choice was easy for me too, only two burger's on the menu being they had no chicken at all. So I must have had the same one you had with the egg too, "being a set" it came with seasoned fries and a choice of soft drink,Sprit or Coke. But for my lady the same meal without onions, and she had a coconut instead of the soft drink, paying the 2000reil difference.
Staff are very pleasant, and the drinks where put on the table, then one burger meal with onions. We waited and waited some more. I asked how long for the other burger without the onion? He forgot the order! I would not mind but we being the only customers in there. By the time her meal had arrived I was half way into mine. I wish I had not reminded them of the order by this time, I knew what was to come next. Because she only took the second small bite and it was all wrapped up for take away, she was done with the burger, asked for a spoon and set too, at the flesh of the coconut. I was done too, highly salted fries and unaware of the other powders. (Please don't class them has Chip's). It was a run of the mill, burger meal, and for me overpriced because of the quality alone.
I agree with you on people in business, and I wish them well. But that burger she bought home is still in the fridge this morning. I wonder what I am having for breakfast :facepalm:

Always "hope" but never "expect".
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Apparently, The Vine on 172 is selling Jetzt burgers (from Kampot) now.

Not sure how it is working, if they have given them a recipe/chef up from Kampot etc but I do believe that Jetzt has the best burgers in Cambodia so may be worth a try.

Not sure of the price, around the $5 mark in Kampot with chips/fries
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I thought fat boys was the best of the fast food burgers. Lucky is the worst.

Restaurant burger I like Equinox. I think the cost wasn’t too crazy either.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

cautious colin wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:37 pm Apparently, The Vine on 172 is selling Jetzt burgers (from Kampot) now.

Not sure how it is working, if they have given them a recipe/chef up from Kampot etc but I do believe that Jetzt has the best burgers in Cambodia so may be worth a try.

Please don't get mixed up with fries and chips

Always "hope" but never "expect".
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:59 am
cautious colin wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:37 pm Apparently, The Vine on 172 is selling Jetzt burgers (from Kampot) now.

Please don't get mixed up with fries and chips
Apologies Andy, skinny chips :beer3:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Putting this out there in case it inspires someone to go check out their burgers. All reviews welcome.

Khmer-American fusion food at Century 9 Inspired Eatery in PP
26 July 2019 | 09:57 ICT
Named the Tonle Burger (meaning river in Khmer), Century 9 Inspired Eatery’s signature cheeseburger pays homage to both American and Khmer culture, a concept central to the restaurant’s fusion philosophy.

The American and Khmer co-founders of the Russian Market-based restaurant believe in combining Khmer culture with foreign influences to create a new, modern and exciting cuisine.

The team behind the eatery are American Michael Kenyon, a Le Cordon Bleu certified chef, along with Cambodians Kao Ratha and Chea Sothea. Together they wanted to create a fusion restaurant inspired by Khmer and Western culture, using local organic ingredients.

They named the restaurant after the Khmer Empire – at the height of its influence in the 9th century and leading in the region in terms of administration, agriculture and architecture.

The restaurant’s relaxed, informal vibe contrasts with the rich and tasty food, which is immaculately presented and uses high-quality ingredients.

The co-founders also wanted their business to have a positive social impact, and so have set about training unskilled and jobless young Cambodian men since opening.

The restaurant’s signature dish is the Tonle Burger ($7.50 for a 140g beef patty and $8.50 for a 180g patty), which is a combination of grilled beef, cheddar cheese, crispy onion, fresh cilantro and creamy garlic sauce.

Century 9 Inspired Eatery is located on Street 155 in Toul Tom Poung, Phnom Penh. Opening hours are 11am–8pm daily. They can be contacted by telephone (017 316 033) or Facebook (@Century9Cambodia).
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/lifestyle ... -eatery-pp
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic