Burger joint...

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Re: Burger joint...

Post by Joker Poker »

America - turning vegetables into toxic waste and marketing it to the world.

Says it all.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Cousin's is good, but I wish they'd sear their patties just a bit. They have that nice juiciness you want from a burger, but I like a hint of a crispy outside, otherwise it feels a bit too mushy (like those sous-vide burgers Garage used to make). Nice environment and ingredients though.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:54 pm pick a country

http://www.hardrock.com/promos/worldburger
Wiki
“The first Hard Rock Cafe (HRC) opened on 14 June 1971 at Old Park Lane, Mayfair, London

In 1990, The Rank Group, a London-based leisure company, acquired Mecca Leisure Group and continued expansion of the concept in its geographic territory. Rank went on to purchase Hard Rock America from Peter Morton as well as Hard Rock Canada from Nick Bitove“

‘merica, fuck yeah...
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:39 am
Brodie wrote: Yankland version (McD's) = addictive as crack cocaine

Millions of XXXL waistlines can't be wrong.
True that. Apparently Maccas only use a certain variety of potato species that can be shredded thin and long such that you get the maximum amount of that deep fried oil goodness per square inch of potato. :thumb:

Even better what the yanks did to the humble potato with Pringles...reconstituted potato with added goodness so that each chip is the same size and fits nicely into a tubular can..

Ingredients
Pringles have about 42% potato content, the remainder being wheat starch and flours (potato, corn, and rice) combined with vegetable oils, an emulsifier, salt, and seasoning.[16] Other ingredients can include sweeteners like maltodextrin and dextrose, monosodium glutamate (MSG), disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, sodium caseinate, modified food starch, monoglyceride and diglyceride, autolyzed yeast extract, natural and artificial flavors, malted barley flour, wheat bran, dried black beans, sour cream, cheddar cheese, etc.; Pringles varieties vary in their ingredients.[23]
are you guys fucking mad? McD's french fries are the worst, they are over salty soggy fries,
the only reason people find them moreish is not because of their taste or texture, its because of their over use of Salt on them, the same goes for any moreish snacks like crisps (chips for you yanks) pork scratchings, salted peanuts etc etc
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:36 pm

True that. Apparently Maccas only use a certain variety of potato species that can be shredded thin and long such that you get the maximum amount of that deep fried oil goodness per square inch of potato. :thumb:

Even better what the yanks did to the humble potato with Pringles...reconstituted potato with added goodness so that each chip is the same size and fits nicely into a tubular can..

Ingredients
Pringles have about 42% potato content, the remainder being wheat starch and flours (potato, corn, and rice) combined with vegetable oils, an emulsifier, salt, and seasoning.[16] Other ingredients can include sweeteners like maltodextrin and dextrose, monosodium glutamate (MSG), disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, sodium caseinate, modified food starch, monoglyceride and diglyceride, autolyzed yeast extract, natural and artificial flavors, malted barley flour, wheat bran, dried black beans, sour cream, cheddar cheese, etc.; Pringles varieties vary in their ingredients.[23]
are you guys fucking mad? McD's french fries are the worst, they are over salty soggy fries,
Can't speak for my esteemed colleague Brodie but I was using extreme sarcasm without prejudice.. :wave:
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

[sarcasm][/sarcasm]
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:16 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:36 pm

Ingredients
Can't speak for my esteemed colleague Brodie but I was using extreme sarcasm without prejudice.. :wave:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Captain Bonez wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:18 pm [sarcasm][/sarcasm]
‘Ere! Wherejafindem?
Brody wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:14 am
But my point still stands.

The original = sub-par.

Yankland version (McD's) = addictive as crack cocaine

Is it not the MSG that makes most stuff (taste) addictive?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Original post was about good burger and chips at papa's burgers not a debate about which country has best burgers, I've tried them a couple of times both times good so instead of debating what's the nest burger just go give them a try, noway did he say there the best just another good place in PP to try
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

Mike's Burger House still gets my vote. ;-)

[/quote]

Their (Mike's) service has gotten piss poor over the past couple years. They got rid of the all-you-can-drink soda fountain and replaced our with $1.50 cans of 300ml.

Now also charging the 4100 or 4200 rate per dollar. Never did before. Staff now can't speak English, and only shove a menu in your face. I liked them before, not not so.

Did I mention that their menu prices have seen inflation of 50% over last 2 years, also, without an upgrade in burger quality or serving size?

Coupling this with the downgrade in service and attitude has taken them off my list of restaurants to eat at.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic