Burger joint...

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Burger joint...

Post by Spigzy »

That IS a tasty burger!
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Brody wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:10 pmNonez doesn't care...that guy is so out of it most evenings, you could dump an ashtray between to buns and he'd scarf it down.
Don't be a retard all your life

I'd take the ashtray out and then eat it. I'm ugly, not stoopid
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Brody wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:27 pm
Freightdog wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:25 pm Interesting that yooropeen fare, such as Frankfurters and Hamburgers are now ‘murican,
It's a proud tradition of ours to take staid, tired, uninspired foreign inventions and put a superior twist on it which, forever-after casts the original in a pall.

You know, just like we did with V-2 rockets and Me-262 aspirated jet engines.

Didn't see any Krauts breaking the sound barrier or traipsing across the lunar landscape now did ya.

America, fuck yeah.

Tomayto ketchup, and that yellow stuff you colonials call mustard does not a superior twist make.

V2 rockets and Me262- I’ll give you that. The immigration policies of the US were definitely more open back then.

* :wink:
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Freightdog wrote:For what it’s worth, munching crumpet is very nice, if she’s a clean gal...
I don’t get it.

Crumpet.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... gEegQIARB8

Kinda looks like a big English muffin.

Ya mean strumpet?

Not really edible. Rather poisonous looking.

I learned my British from watching Les Mis and following ACE.

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:25 pm Interesting that yooropeen fare, such as Frankfurters and Hamburgers are now ‘murican,
It's a proud tradition of ours to take staid, tired, uninspired foreign inventions and put a superior twist on it which, forever-after casts the original in a pall.

Didn't see any Krauts breaking the sound barrier or traipsing across the lunar landscape now did ya.

America, fuck yeah.

What about French Fries too...
:roll:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:11 pm
Freightdog wrote:For what it’s worth, munching crumpet is very nice, if she’s a clean gal...
I don’t get it.

Crumpet.

Kinda looks like a big English muffin.

Ya mean strumpet?

Not really edible. Rather poisonous looking.

I learned my British from watching Les Mis and following ACE.
A Crumpet is British Slang for a womans Vagina bro, and can also refer to a beautiful woman, where as a Strumpet is a slag or a prostitute

"im gonna butter her crumpet"
"shes a fine bit of crumpet" - https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bit_of_crumpet

:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jcml19 »

No out of market/cambodia burger.... Wayyyy too many out there and the comparison wouldnt be fair.

Mmm remember back in the dayz, silver spurs near union square nyc was bangin and likewise their buffalo wings... Mmmmm...

Ugggg... Need to gorge a killah burgah and wings soon.

Quality beef may be a challenge in cams market or worldly $$$
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:14 pm

America, fuck yeah.

What about French Fries too...
:roll:
Ah, I was waiting for someone to mention French fries....or should they be correctly called Belgian frites?? The yanks are blamed for incorrectly naming them in WW1 according to this:

Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:06 am Ah, I was waiting for someone to mention French fries....or should they be correctly called Belgian frites?? The yanks are blamed for incorrectly naming them in WW1 according to this:
But my point still stands.

The original = sub-par.

Yankland version (McD's) = addictive as crack cocaine

Millions of XXXL waistlines can't be wrong.

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Brodie wrote: Yankland version (McD's) = addictive as crack cocaine

Millions of XXXL waistlines can't be wrong.
True that. Apparently Maccas only use a certain variety of potato species that can be shredded thin and long such that you get the maximum amount of that deep fried oil goodness per square inch of potato. :thumb:

Even better what the yanks did to the humble potato with Pringles...reconstituted potato with added goodness so that each chip is the same size and fits nicely into a tubular can..

Ingredients
Pringles have about 42% potato content, the remainder being wheat starch and flours (potato, corn, and rice) combined with vegetable oils, an emulsifier, salt, and seasoning.[16] Other ingredients can include sweeteners like maltodextrin and dextrose, monosodium glutamate (MSG), disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, sodium caseinate, modified food starch, monoglyceride and diglyceride, autolyzed yeast extract, natural and artificial flavors, malted barley flour, wheat bran, dried black beans, sour cream, cheddar cheese, etc.; Pringles varieties vary in their ingredients.[23]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic