Vietnam visa in Phnom Penh

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Vietnam visa in Phnom Penh

Post by ExPenhMan »

Planning to visit Phnom Penh in April. I live in Vietnam and long visas are almost impossible to get these days and, if you can get one, are very very expensive. The 2-year Temporary Residence Card has been around $1600US since last fall.

So I will likely do what most people do, get a 3-month visa. Looks like the cheapest alternative these days. My 6-month one expires early May, which I paid $320 for. My previous 1-year multi-entry was $350. So you can see the price inflation.

Anyone bought a 3-month VN visa recently? How much? More interested in the multi-entry but single-entry price would be welcome. Would be useful to hear what a 1-month visa costs, too.

Thanks.
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Vietnam visa in Phnom Penh

Post by johnny lightning »

Just got mine back 10 minutes ago after something of a cockup (applied in Kampot. received in PP!). Anyway, paid 85 bucks through an agent for 3 month multiple. Seems pretty standard. No idea of DIY at the embassy. Seems to have gone up. I got one a year ago at the Snooky consulate and it was 70 bucks.

Johnny
Trebormint
Tourist
Andorra

Post by Trebormint »

I was in CINA travel this week, a very reliable and professional agency on st 130, they will arrange a 3 month multiple entry visa for $80. 5-7 working days turnaround. Single entry is $60
By the time you factor in tuk tuk rides to and from vietnamese immigration this is less than if you went to the immigration yourself
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Cool. Thanks guys.

A friend just paid 1.8 million VND/$80US (up from previous 1.3 mln) for a single-entry 3-month extension here in VN. Cheaper in Cambodia!

5-7 working days though. Hmmm. OK, looks like a 10-day stay in PP.
Mr Cynical
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Mr Cynical »

Maybe I misunderstand your math, but either $60.00 or $80.00 in PP would work out a lot more expensive than buying in Vietnam. Add in Cost of travel, Cambodian Visa, accommodation for 10 days. Help me understand how that option saves you money by not buying in Vietnam
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

D'oh, yes. But it's been almost 2 years since I visited Phnom Penh. The visa is secondary.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I contacted one of the agents on the FB group back in November and they said it was $80 + $25 stamping fee, but judging from the above info I may as well get one from an agent here in PP, so that's good to know. Wish they would bring back the 12mo visa though.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Yep, but there hasn't been any 12-month visa availability here in VN since at least October. Even the 6-month is very rare. Prices have been skyrocketing, too. Example, last fall the TRC was about $980 (23 million VND) for a 2-year. Now it's $1600! That's 37 million VND. About five months' rent.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

well how much would it cost the average viet to get a 2 year visa in your country? in UK now migrsnts coming to eork have to pay a national health supplement which is hoing up from £400 to £800 this year.
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

ExPenhMan wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:15 pm Cool. Thanks guys.

A friend just paid 1.8 million VND/$80US (up from previous 1.3 mln) for a single-entry 3-month extension here in VN. Cheaper in Cambodia!

5-7 working days though. Hmmm. OK, looks like a 10-day stay in PP.
1.8 mil isn't even $50, no?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic