Personal Khmer Tutor, Siem Riep

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
LearningKhmer221
Tourist

Personal Khmer Tutor, Siem Riep

Post by LearningKhmer221 »

Hey folks--

I am looking for a personal Khmer tutor for a 25 dayish stay in Siem Riep. The catch is that the tutor needs to be available for 2 hours every weekday, from 12:30 PM-2:30 PM. I do not have any other hours open in my schedule for the tutoring. The tutor must also be willing to come to me. The sooner they can start, the better. I am willing to pay a bit more per hour if the tutor can gather together convincing testimonials that they are worth the additional cost. Good quality teachers are worth their cost.

Background: I spoke Khmer fairly well... ten years ago. Have not used it at all in the eight years since I moved away from the Cambodia refugee community in Boston. So I am at an "advanced beginner" level. Because of the nature of my trip, I spend mornings and afternoons working, and do not wish to travel more than a kilometer or so from my work location in south Siem Riep to meet up with a tutor. Luckily there are several cool, quiet joints nearby that would be excellent places to meet up for daily lessons. Please PM for me details on this.

Thanks everyone!