Epic fail....

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Jcml19
Expatriate
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:18 pm
Reputation: 60
United States of America

Re: Epic fail....

Post by Jcml19 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:41 pm

General Mackevili wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:03 pm

Yeah, but that would require making a 'grocery list.' I'll be lucky if I remember to buy a big ol onion today.
Hahaha... That was my problem as well... G mack the pasta looks bangin.. u went with beef or pork? Oh boy, getting hungry now too
User avatar
General Mackevili
The General
Posts: 17106
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 2072
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Epic fail....

Post by General Mackevili » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:21 pm

Jcml19 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:41 pm
General Mackevili wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:03 pm

Yeah, but that would require making a 'grocery list.' I'll be lucky if I remember to buy a big ol onion today.
Hahaha... That was my problem as well... G mack the pasta looks bangin.. u went with beef or pork? Oh boy, getting hungry now too
Pork?? I'm currently in the desert with Lawrence of Arabia, and would gladly give my (fraction of a) Bitcoin away for some real bacon or any other style of pork right now!!

Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jcml19
Expatriate
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:18 pm
Reputation: 60
United States of America

Re: Epic fail....

Post by Jcml19 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:59 pm

Hahaha... Smuggle bacon next time :Yahoo!:

On second thought, lets stick to local customs so as to not get into an ordeal hahaha
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
Posts: 636
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:39 am
Reputation: 609
United States of America

Re: Epic fail....

Post by angkorjohn2 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:40 pm

Jcml19 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:03 pm
Image

Attempted to cook pasta and meatballs... Epic fail!! Put too much kampot pepper, used lean pork loin, and and raguuuuu.... I need to stick to bacon...
General Mackevili wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:01 pm
\

ImageImageImageImage

You and the general should be posting on those cooking disasters on that Facebook group, rate my plate :plus1:

https://www.facebook.com/RateMyPlateNow/
:stir: :stir:
User avatar
RickyBobby
BANNED
Posts: 1086
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:44 pm
Reputation: 357
Cambodia

Re: Epic fail....

Post by RickyBobby » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:23 am

Not that I think bout it, it looks a bit like my famous Sausage and Pepper Penne with Rapini.

It looks a bit anemic looking at it now. That's because I also add in heavy whipping cream. I could also learn to thicken it a bit more. Anyhow, sometimes it tastes a whole lot better than it looks.

Image

Image

Image
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
User avatar
Arget
Expatriate
Posts: 2426
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:44 am
Reputation: 1082
Location: Phnom Penh
Contact:
Australia

Re: Epic fail....

Post by Arget » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:31 am

It can look good and taste like shit or look average and taste great.
I want the taste not the look.

Same with women.
User avatar
RickyBobby
BANNED
Posts: 1086
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:44 pm
Reputation: 357
Cambodia

Re: Epic fail....

Post by RickyBobby » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:17 am

RickyBobby wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:23 am
Image
When I mixed the sauce with the penne noodles and then fried it the next day in EVOO and butter as shown above, its even better it seems. Sometimes leftovers are the best.

Gotta love cooking. When I cook sauces I batch cook it and portion it in the freezer. Then its a simple matter of selecting an entree and cooking up some noodles or rice or potatoes or what have you and whipping up a salad.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
violet
Expatriate
Posts: 1043
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 3:48 pm
Reputation: 338

Re: Epic fail....

Post by violet » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:19 am

RickyBobby wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:23 am
Not that I think bout it, it looks a bit like my famous Sausage and Pepper Penne with Rapini.

It looks a bit anemic looking at it now. That's because I also add in heavy whipping cream. I could also learn to thicken it a bit more. Anyhow, sometimes it tastes a whole lot better than it looks.

Image

Image

Image
Yum.

Evoo?
User avatar
RickyBobby
BANNED
Posts: 1086
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:44 pm
Reputation: 357
Cambodia

Re: Epic fail....

Post by RickyBobby » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:23 am

violet wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:19 am
RickyBobby wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:23 am
Not that I think bout it, it looks a bit like my famous Sausage and Pepper Penne with Rapini.

It looks a bit anemic looking at it now. That's because I also add in heavy whipping cream. I could also learn to thicken it a bit more. Anyhow, sometimes it tastes a whole lot better than it looks.

Image

Image

Image
Yum.

Evoo?
Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I add it to the butter: it takes a higher temperature without burning like butter. Butter adds more flavor however.

Thanks for the compliment.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Jcml19
Expatriate
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:18 pm
Reputation: 60
United States of America

Re: Epic fail....

Post by Jcml19 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:19 am

Thats some bangin pasta bobby!!!!

Share the wealth :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Carnage5351, Felgerkarb, flea, John Bingham, Johno35, nemo, SternAAlbifrons, yongchi and 333 guests