UK Hostel Owner, Joe Morrissey, in a Coma in Sihanoukville

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: UK Hostel Owner, Joe Morrissey, in a Coma in Sihanoukville

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:12 pm
DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:43 pm Well than you are easy to impress as it wasn’t my intention to impress. On this thread I post whatever I want. Don’t presume to tell me what to do unless you have something valuable to say
Than in the first sentence should actually be then instead.

Than is a grammatical particle analyzed as both a conjunction and a preposition in the English language. It introduces a comparison and is associated with comparatives and with words such as more, less, and fewer. eg. I am smarter than you.
How many languages do you speak? I speak only two fluently and English. So 3 total
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

I speak english, australian and drunkineze
Trebormint
Tourist
Andorra

Post by Trebormint »

DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:36 pm Yea very naive. Have you lived in poverty and/or have you ever seen a war ? Have you ever helped people in a way that you improved their lives? Have you ever lived in a country which is not yours, where you are not welcome but you have no other choice than to stay. We have seen and done that. Now tell me how naive iam
In answer to your (presumably rhetorical) questions; 'yes' 'yes' 'yes' and 'no' at least not yet.
You're pontificating on a thread about a young man whose life is currently in the balance, you may not be naive but you come across as a bit of a cunt.

I've never met him and pretty sure I never will however I have donated to the appeal. Not a lot but a gesture of support.
Why?
Because if Joe was my son, brother, nephew, grandson or friend I'd feel desperate and helpless. Whatever the cause of his accident he is in need. I'm well aware of the panoply of desperate causes and poverty all around, I help as and when I can.
Presumably you're taking the few seconds of time away from the vital causes you spend every minute on in order to comment on this thread.
He is a human being in need. Enough said.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

DrRawBlueGreen wrote:On this thread I post whatever I want. Don’t presume to tell me what to do unless you have something valuable to say
Mods please do your job.

CEO is a forum where views all are welcome.

It’s not supposed to be a bully pulpit just to please a single poster.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm
DrRawBlueGreen wrote:On this thread I post whatever I want. Don’t presume to tell me what to do unless you have something valuable to say
Mods please do your job.

Mr. RawBlueGreen has been a member of the forum for a little over three weeks. Given the length of his commitment to the forum, he appears to feel entitled to throw his weight around. Given the depth of his intelligence and his personality, I can t imagine anyone giving a fuck what he has to post.
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:49 pm
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm
Mods please do your job.

Mr. RawBlueGreen has been a member of the forum for a little over three weeks. Given the length of his commitment to the forum, he appears to feel entitled to throw his weight around. Given the depth of his intelligence and his personality, I can t imagine anyone giving a fuck what he has to post.
You have already quoted me several times. Looks like give a fuck about my posts.
Do what you have to do mods. My reply to to other posters were not more aggressive than their reaction towards me.

DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

Trebormint wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:15 pm
DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:36 pm Yea very naive. Have you lived in poverty and/or have you ever seen a war ? Have you ever helped people in a way that you improved their lives? Have you ever lived in a country which is not yours, where you are not welcome but you have no other choice than to stay. We have seen and done that. Now tell me how naive iam
In answer to your (presumably rhetorical) questions; 'yes' 'yes' 'yes' and 'no' at least not yet.
You're pontificating on a thread about a young man whose life is currently in the balance, you may not be naive but you come across as a bit of a cunt.

I've never met him and pretty sure I never will however I have donated to the appeal. Not a lot but a gesture of support.
Why?
Because if Joe was my son, brother, nephew, grandson or friend I'd feel desperate and helpless. Whatever the cause of his accident he is in need. I'm well aware of the panoply of desperate causes and poverty all around, I help as and when I can.
Presumably you're taking the few seconds of time away from the vital causes you spend every minute on in order to comment on this thread.
I’d rather be a cunt in your eyes, than to deny what I see.

Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:39 am
Trebormint wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:15 pm

Why?
I’d rather be a cunt in your eyes, than to deny what I see.
Whether you deny what you see or not, you have achieved your goal.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Really, we don't need this bickering here, and that goes for everyone.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:14 pm
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:12 pm
DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:43 pm Well than you are easy to impress as it wasn’t my intention to impress. On this thread I post whatever I want. Don’t presume to tell me what to do unless you have something valuable to say
Than in the first sentence should actually be then instead.

Than is a grammatical particle analyzed as both a conjunction and a preposition in the English language. It introduces a comparison and is associated with comparatives and with words such as more, less, and fewer. eg. I am smarter than you.
How many languages do you speak? I speak only two fluently and English. So 3 total
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic