UK Hostel Owner, Joe Morrissey, in a Coma in Sihanoukville

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: UK Hostel Owner, Joe Morrissey, in a Coma in Sihanoukville

Post by newkidontheblock »

Bluelabel wrote:In the vietnam war much much worst atrocitys occurred snowflake.
Taking a village full of kids and forcing them to dig their own graves then shooting them is an atrocity.
A go fund me page doesn’t pass the sniff test as an atrocity.

What does not wearing a helmet when riding a moto have to do with the Vietnam War?

How are snowflakes determining whether or not people buy suitable helmets or not?

Besides that it never snows in Cambodia.

Please enlighten me Bluelabel!

Because I just don’t get your posting.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

bkktrapper troll now on preview.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

hanno wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:23 am ....

About 10 years ago I needed a small operation and 4-day stay in a hospital in Bangkok. Total bill: USD 18,000. And that was just for routine stuff.
Don't know where you went, but 14 years ago I had a laproscopy operation.
Chiang Mai RAM hospital, one of the best in town.
6,000 USD. total. including one or days in hospital.
My routine consultations usually run to $20 (600 Baht) not including lab tests, which are higher.
Cheaper at McCormick.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
mouytiet
Expatriate
Cook Islands

Post by mouytiet »

big problem with the travel insurance is a lot of the bike crashes overseas especially in SEA usually have an alcohol factor and the insurers arnt stupid, they will insist on a toxicology report before releasing any funds, any country will have an official legal blood alcohol limit, if your over the limit or have traces of weed or any other drug, if its the law to wear a helmet and you have head injuries they aint gonna help ya. No "adventure sports", no jet skiing and shit, some exclude "risky behavior" and can tie a claim up for lengthy periods, risky behavior, WTF living in SEA is risky behavior. Not implying this young man had had a drink but I have seen claims denied and families ruined,this could well be a case, anyway best of luck to him, being in a Cambo hospital hes going to need it.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Can someone help me create https://www.gofundyourself.co.uk/ .com is already taken by some absolute bastards who don't even use the domain name
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

I had an Englishman. 60 ish and an experienced motorcycle rider at my birthday party last May. He left my house about midnight and hit a dog about 500 meters from the house. No helmet on, it was under the seat. We drove him to the hospital as he had blood leaking from one ear. After an hour and 1/2 we moved him to the private hospital as they had only hooked him to a pulse monitor. From the private hospital he was transferred to a bigger private hospital 60 km away. 2 weeks in hospital till the swelling of the brain had subsided enough and another two weeks regaining his speech and balance. A fooking English lecturer at the university, he had insurance from his employer. It didn t stop him from hitting me up for a loan as he claimed the one thing he couldn t remember was the PIN number for his ATM card.
Henrymcendoo
Tourist
Sri Lanka

Post by Henrymcendoo »

DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:36 pm Yea very naive. Have you lived in poverty and/or have you ever seen a war ? Have you ever helped people in a way that you improved their lives? Have you ever lived in a country which is not yours, where you are not welcome but you have no other choice than to stay. We have seen and done that. Now tell me how naive iam
That's really cool champ, well done ! Everyone reading is very impressed.
On the subject of this thread though, you should probably just keep quiet lad...unless you have something positive to say.
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

Well than you are easy to impress as it wasn’t my intention to impress. On this thread I post whatever I want. Don’t presume to tell me what to do unless you have something valuable to say
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

Henrymcendoo wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:39 pm
DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:36 pm Yea very naive. Have you lived in poverty and/or have you ever seen a war ? Have you ever helped people in a way that you improved their lives? Have you ever lived in a country which is not yours, where you are not welcome but you have no other choice than to stay. We have seen and done that. Now tell me how naive iam
That's really cool champ, well done ! Everyone reading is very impressed.
On the subject of this thread though, you should probably just keep quiet lad...unless you have something positive to say.
That’s your first post and you want to tell me what to do? Or are a current poster with another profile and you are not man enough to show who you are.
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:43 pm Well than you are easy to impress as it wasn’t my intention to impress. On this thread I post whatever I want. Don’t presume to tell me what to do unless you have something valuable to say
Than in the first sentence should actually be then instead.

Than is a grammatical particle analyzed as both a conjunction and a preposition in the English language. It introduces a comparison and is associated with comparatives and with words such as more, less, and fewer. eg. I am smarter than you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic