Please save the cat!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Please save the cat!

Post by RickyBobby »

Siem Reap Expat wants to raise $700 to save the life of a cat with a broken back, and also starts a Go Fund Me.

https://www.gofundme.com/save-kitten-wi ... PNa-qJPDnY

The poor thing was using his front paws to drag his paralyzed body behind him as he meowed in paid.

I need to raise $700 by February 22nd to fund its x-rays, surgery, pain medications, and blood work.

Finding the baby broke my heart and I want to save its life so bad so he does not have to suffer or die on the street.

If you could donate or share this post with friends or on your timeline it would mean the world to me.

Even a share to spread awareness would help immensely! Thank you so much for your consideration and help, I am so grateful!

Warmly, Demeris Morse
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Please save the cat!

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

I can t understand anyone who would donate funds to help this cat when there are so many humans in Cambodia that are in need. That said there were something like 300,000 dogs imported to the USA and rescuing and the adoption of rescue dogs is big business. I wonder if an imported rescued dog bites you, can you demand it be deported?

What a waste of empathy in a world where concern for our fellow man is considered a weakness. I give Desmeris Morse, the gofundme poster, 4 snowflakes. 1 snowflake for her compassion and 3 snowflakes for asking others to pay for her dreams.
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

Only Yulia can save the cat!
pebbles&nightsky
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Skeptical. She's going to supposedly spend $700 on a stray cat, and then what, put it back on the street?

A cat's broken back is not fixed with surgery, at least in this country.
Artisan wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:16 am Only Yulia can save the cat!
Yulia would save the cat, and then ensure it had a home for life (probably her own).
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

StroppyChops wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:17 am Skeptical. She's going to supposedly spend $700 on a stray cat, and then what, put it back on the street?

A cat's broken back is not fixed with surgery, at least in this country.
Artisan wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:16 am Only Yulia can save the cat!
Yulia would save the cat, and then ensure it had a home for life (probably her own).
Skeptical number 2. How many vets are there in cambodia that are even capable of performing this surgery, and how many of them live in Siem Reap. Would be kinder to put it down I think
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

my science teacher Father Fahey had a cat pelt he would rub on different rods to show static electricity.
I knew a wealthy single lady in Chicago who would adopt cats off the street and pay for leukemia treatments for these wild animals.
I think spending $700 on some ladies working along riverside or helping some kids stay in school is better use of the dough..
it is insane
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

The poor fucking kitten needs to get put out of its misery. Spend the money on something more worthy, like poor children or wildlife or whatever. You could vaccinate a lot of dogs against mange for that money.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

I am glad I am not the only one who sees the insanity in this. Save the kittens ... God!

What is a cats life worth? How much does it cost to humanely euthanize an injured animal? I have seen this kind of thing repeatedly. I am always amazed. Especially when how far that money would go to help humans.

I think that if a person had their own funds they can prioritize their charity at their own discretion, but its insulting to me when those of us who see and do things about the human suffering in this country see this kind of appeal.

I know of a Khmer girl who fundraiser $800 dollars to build about 8 toilets for a village that changed the lives of about 300 people. That is an amazing grassroots thing for a young woman that lives on forever and changes the sanitary conditions and health for generations.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Please kindness, have a lot of God, help each other.
The Mother run away, the father of the house is far away from the roof of the house, in Siem Reap village, in Siem Reap province, in Siem Reap province.

Please contact the suffix through the funds "Khmer help khmer in the temporary":
🌞 Name: ទឹម រ័ត្ន (Tim Rath)
☎️Mobile : 098 230 369 ; 087 230 369
📡 Facebook: ngin peouv
✉️ Email: [email protected]
💰ACLEDA Bank: 3600-00-206313-1-8

Finding worthy causes for a charitable act in the KOW is like fishing in a barrel, I see on her fb page the Los Angeles Underground Cat Network has been notified and will swing into action. Ms. Morse a former yoga instructor and current travel blogger deserves another snowflake from me for her ability to triage and her desire to make the world a better place to do the downward dog. I now give her 5 snowflakes
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

So much human misery met with amazing courage by the victims.
Euthanise the poor old cat.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic