Please save the cat!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Re: Please save the cat!

Post by Queef »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:40 pm
Queef wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:02 am
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:43 am
Queef wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:35 am What if, like an increasing amount of millenials, she thinks that animals are worth more than human beings? I wouldn't give a penny to save that break dancing looking cat (I would give $20 to put it to sleep though), but I wouldn't also give a penny to that one father with four kids. Wear a condom or pull the fuck out.
would you give money to the 4 children if you knew that their father that resides on the other side of the country wouldn t see any of it? Or do you feel that they should live in squalor to punish their runaway mother and all too verile father?
I wouldn't give them 100 riels, regardless of the situation. I didn't force them to have 4 goddamn kids. Why should I feel responsible for someone else's poor life choices?
Even if I give them money, how do I know that I'm not financing someone's Lexus SUV, Honda Dream, or beer drinking habit?
Not my country. Not my people. Not my problem.
Are you as caring to people from your own country? colour? I am not judging you but willing to pay to put down a cat but unwilling to feed 4 children because their father is a fuck seems a little hard hearted to me. Karma, have you heard about it yet ?
Putting down a cat is a one time thing. Feeding four children is a commitment.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Queef wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:49 am
Queef wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:35 am What if, like an increasing amount of millenials, she thinks that animals are worth more than human beings? I wouldn't give a penny to save that break dancing looking cat (I would give $20 to put it to sleep though), but I wouldn't also give a penny to that one father with four kids. Wear a condom or pull the fuck out.
would you give money to the 4 children if you knew that their father that resides on the other side of the country wouldn t see any of it? Or do you feel that they should live in squalor to punish their runaway mother and all too verile father?
I wouldn't give them 100 riels, regardless of the situation. I didn't force them to have 4 goddamn kids. Why should I feel responsible for someone else's poor life choices?
Even if I give them money, how do I know that I'm not financing someone's Lexus SUV, Honda Dream, or beer drinking habit?
Are you as caring to people from your own country? colour? I am not judging you but willing to pay to put down a cat but unwilling to feed 4 children because their father is a fuck seems a little hard hearted to me. Karma, have you heard about it yet ?
I would donate $20 for some hungry parentless children long before I would for cat surgery . The commitment is $20. I wasn t asking anyone to adopt them. i wouldn t give $20 to support a fellow barangs drinking habit and I dare say it is barang that usually asks. I think those of us that come from developed western countries have led a very comfortable life and making a little merit everyday is a good thing.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Cinnamoncat wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:48 pm
I hope you're not living in Cambodia, then. Anyone who can see suffering and not at least help a few people when they can is missing that one iota of compassion that makes us better than that crawling cat with a broken back or a rabid dog. If you live there, you can help a few people out forfeiting a beer or entertainment once a week. Good God, what the hell is wrong with people.
I live here. Have you volunteered in soup kitchens, installed carbon monoxide detectors in old people trailers, taken part in beach clean-ups, or parked in the middle of skid row to give out socks and underwear (homeless people need socks and underwear more than food. You'd be surprised)?
If I forfeit a beer or a night out once a week, then let's ask locals to forfeit the luxury cars and nights out at the KTVs. The real effort has to come from within. I'm just a guest here (as I was told many times). I shouldn't have to do dishes.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:14 am

I would donate $20 for some hungry parentless children long before I would for cat surgery . The commitment is $20. I wasn t asking anyone to adopt them. i wouldn t give $20 to support a fellow barangs drinking habit and I dare say it is barang that usually asks. I think those of us that come from developed western countries have led a very comfortable life and making a little merit everyday is a good thing.
That's a one time donation though. Really want to have an impact? try like $20 every month for a few years. A one time donation of $20 is just for your ego. You feel good about yourself. That's it.
I don't know what your stance was on "the attractive and stylish white woman", but if I remember correctly some were saying that providing shelter, food, and assistance only for a few months was wrong. That's still far better than giving a one time $20 donation to feed four kids.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Queef wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:39 am

That's a one time donation though. Really want to have an impact? try like $20 every month for a few years. A one time donation of $20 is just for your ego. You feel good about yourself. That's it.
I don't know what your stance was on "the attractive and stylish white woman", but if I remember correctly some were saying that providing shelter, food, and assistance only for a few months was wrong. That's still far better than giving a one time $20 donation to feed four kids.

I guess giving a $20 donation one time is about as satisfying as giving a homeless guy socks. I suppose unless you make a lifetime commitment to clothe the homeless guy you really haven t accomplished much other than feeling good about yourself. I can understand your point you are a guest, although I doubt any Cambodians have ever invited you to live in their country. I can assure you that none of the 4 parentless children have a lexus or a drug or alcohol problem. But fuck ya, not my country, not my problem works great until you have a problem and everyone walks by without offering a hand and says not your country to you.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:28 am
Queef wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:39 am

I guess giving a $20 donation one time is about as satisfying as giving a homeless guy socks. I suppose unless you make a lifetime commitment to clothe the homeless guy you really haven t accomplished much other than feeling good about yourself. I can understand your point you are a guest, although I doubt any Cambodians have ever invited you to live in their country. I can assure you that none of the 4 parentless children have a lexus or a drug or alcohol problem. But fuck ya, not my country, not my problem works great until you have a problem and everyone walks by without offering a hand and says not your country to you.
Who said that giving out socks/ drawers to homeless folks was a one time occurrence? Trynna compare your sorry $20 donation to a community wide effort smh
I'm glad the four kids don't have a Lexus or a drug/ alcohol problem. Kinda early for all that, don't you think? I really doubt that they would be the ones directly collecting the money though. What do I know about the middle men? mh? Cambodians have such a good track record when it comes down to redistributing resources/ funds to underserved communities....
You're right. No one invited me here. However that visa in my passport shows that I've paid my dues to be a guest in the country.
Funny part is, I'm pretty damn sure you've never done fuck shit to actually help anyone in Cambodia, or in your home country, and you over here playing white knight/ robin hood :facepalm: :lol:
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Charity bragging.... :bad: