For Parents Estranged From Adult Children

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Estranged Parent
Tourist
Great Britain

For Parents Estranged From Adult Children

Post by Estranged Parent »

For Parents Estranged From Their Adult Children (When The Talking Stops)

This Closed Facebook Group is aimed at Parents & Grandparents who have been Estranged, Deserted or Abandoned by their Adult Children.

This Closed Group is also aimed at supporting others who have, or who are experiencing Estrangement or Abandonment by their Adult Children and or Grandchildren

Estrangement by Adult Children is one of the most hurtful, soul destroying things any Parent or Grandparent can experience.

Estrangement or Abandonment by Adult Children can lead the Parent or Grandparent to feelings of deep depression, loss of self esteem, feelings of guilt and shame, above all tremendous pain.

This page is full of relevant articles, of differing, sometimes opposing opinions, some of which also cover the topics of Parent/Grandparent Alienation and Emotional Trauma, which can give Parents and Grandparents helpful insight into the much taboo subject of Estrangement, Alienation and Abandonment.

The aim is to help and inform members in a positive, non religious, inoffensive, caring manner.

To help each member acquire some knowledge and understanding of this devastating taboo subject, in order to gain back much needed self respect, self esteem and confidence to continue or begin a new journey in their lives.

IMPORTANT GROUP JOINING INFORMATION
If you wish to join our Group, to Gain Access To Our Group, when pressing the "Join Button", please ensure, you "Respond" to the "Three Statements", which we require you to answer Before Access Can Be Allowed. If for any reason they are Not answered we will send you a Group Reminder. Thank You.

IMPORTANT NOTE
Members are requested NOT to share articles or posters directly from this page, in order to protect our members.

As a Closed Group posts are ONLY visible to members of This Group.

This is a Closed Group.
If anyone wishes to access the Facebook Help Centre and search "Privacy Settings For Groups" they can find the definition of all Group Types in use on Facebook.

Please Press, Click or Copy The Facebook URL/ Link Below To Join Us, or Search Our Name Brackets Included

For Parents Estranged From Their Adult Children (When The Talking Stops)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/473416933026270/

Thank You x
Bob tailcat
Expatriate
Australia

Re: For Parents Estranged From Adult Children

Post by Bob tailcat »

What about us parents who estrange ourself from our adult children? Same group or different?
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Does this have anything in any way to do with Cambodia?
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

RickyBobby wrote:Does this have anything in any way to do with Cambodia?
I don't think it does, which is why I moved it to the REST OF THE WORLD section.

She asked on Facebook if they could post it. Being Valentine's Day, my heart is a slightly lesser shade of black than usual, so I thought we'd let it be shared on here.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

I am slightly more estranged from my kids since I upped and left for my life in Cambodia. They didn't approve or understand, not to mention my relationship with a lady that is the same age as them. But at least they still talk to me.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

I have been trying to estrange myself from my daughter for 42 years now. She is like a parasitic limpet. :whip:
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

If your children hate you maybe you should spend some time time looking inwards to yourself and review your life choices. Do they hate you because you're a cunt?
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

Bob tailcat wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:46 pm What about us parents who estrange ourself from our adult children? Same group or different?
Nope. Different group. That would be the Adult Children Estranged From Parents group!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

many parents might feel that their kids dont approve of their lives overseas.
I'd like to know why /how she / he ended upon ceo fb page to ask if she / he could post here?
is she / he an expat
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

My family had a huge fight after I moved here. Its really awkward when I talk to them because they will always ask about the others they refuse to talk to. Everyone knows it so nobody tells me anything, except twice per year when I wish them happy birthday and vice versa.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic